1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RCD 4.5 vs 3" other lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 2009tacomav6, Mar 11, 2009.

?

Is the 4.5 RCD worth the high cost ($2100) vs a 3" ($400)

1. 3 inches is perfect for the look and upsizing

159 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. 3 inches is a better value than a 4.5

70 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. 4.5 kit is cool but not sure its worth the money

117 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. 4.5 + kits are not worth the cash if not off roading

39 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Dec 31, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 Lifted Tacoma Doublecab (SOLD)
    4" zone offroad suspension lift modified with Rcd bilstein front shocks w 1/2 spacer for 5.75" front lift and allpro expo leap pack with 2" block for 6" rear lift, extended length stainless brake lines front and rear, beefed taco carrier bearing drop brkt, 1.25 alum driveshaft spacer, avid lightbar powdercoated w 2 9" led lights, , amp research power steps, anderson aluminum drop hitch, ss grill insert w color matched grill, color matched door handles, color matched rear bumper, color matched pop n lock tailgate handle, 2012 sport mirrors added, color matched mustang hood scoop, borla ss exhaust, extang full tilt tonneau cover, windows tinted darker,oem roof rack, 2014 touch screen radio w navigation, infinity kappa speakers front and rear, rockford fosgate amp, 2 10" kicker subs, 2tone katzkin leather, hydro dipped interior parts, inalfa 925 power moonroof, lexus F sport shift knob
    I personally think its better but others will tell you otherwise. The rcd kit should come with everything you need. I believe they come with relocation brackets for the brake lines but you can always install extended length ss ones from all pro. You don't need uca's with the a drop bracket kit but if you want you can always install it if you want. If you are leaning towards the rcd or another drop bracket kit if you can I would return the uca's.

2. Jan 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    MWall

MWall Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Thanks for the info, giving me something to think about.

3. Feb 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    AbominableSnowman

AbominableSnowman Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    MWall did you decide on your lift yet? I just purchased a 2011 TRD OR that came with 16" wheels. I have been thinking about the RCD myself so I called RCD ask about fitting with the 16" wheels. RCD said that as long as the wheels fit stock and have no more than 4.5" BS they will work with the lift.

4. Aug 28, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    fj40taz

fj40taz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Voorhees, NJ
    Vehicle:
    10 Toyota Tacoma
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    sub'd for future reference..

really looking at the rcd lift... but may consider the zone offroad 4" kit..

5. Jun 19, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    freedomriding

freedomriding FREEDOMEDIA.COM

Member:
    First Name:
    FREEDOMEDIA
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    5" RCD lift, 305/75R17 KM2's, 17x8.5 Method Double Standards, TRD Exhaust, Snugtop Shell
    I agree. Most 3" kits ride like hell, especially the spacer ones. I've had OME, Toytec Ultimate, Revtek, etc.. The OME has the best ride for a non DB (drop bracket) kit but they all force the upper and lower control arms creating a stiff ride and wearing down components. I had to replace both front wheel bearings before reaching 50k miles because of the CV angles on the 3" kits. Even after switching to the Fabtech 6" Dirtlogic kit, I think the RCD is the way to go and will be installing on my 2012 DCLB 4x4

To Top