1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RCD 4.5" with 3" leaf pack?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by phand00, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Aug 11, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    phand00

phand00 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB 4WD TRD
    2.5 ICONS Extended Resi ICON 3 Add-a-leaf packs LR UCA 305/70R16 on IS TRD 16x8 CBI Front bumper Custom sliders Toyota slim toolbox
    Hi,

I'm looking more and more at the RCD 4.5 lift kit. I would like to match it with a 3" rear leaf pack. Something like All-pro, deaver or alcan kit. I do not like the idea of having a huge block for the rear lift. Plus the leaf pack can give good flex too. And maybe if I can put some good coilovers later on up front I can get better flex too?

I know it won't be perfectly leveled. But I like the prerunner's look. Tell me what is your thought about it. Something I missed? Other idea?

Actually I have an 2007 AC but looking to buy a DC Long bed to accomodate the baby seat. :D

Thanks

2. Aug 11, 2009 at 10:43 PM
    sincitytaco

sincitytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Icons, Bilstein 5100, Rear Leaf TSB, 17x9 American Racing Chamber Teflon, 275/70/17 Goodyear
    4.5 up front and 3 in the back is barely enough to level the front end. It will still sit about 1/4-1/2 inch lower in the front. All you need is a 2 inch pack or do an add a leaf and a 1/2 inch block. Do the Icon progressive add a leafs and a 1/2 inch block for 2 inches.
    Or there is some guy on here who makes 3" inch lift shackles which look pimp.

To Top