1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

RE:Jeffh1199

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2011crewman, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Oct 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    2011crewman

2011crewman [OP] Member

Member:
    yorba linda
    Vehicle:
    2011 tacoma off road
    Hi,
    I have a problem I've run into so I'm asking anyone in regards to Jeffh1199 sticky called DIY oil sender install. First of all, it's a great writeup and much appreciated that he shared it. I enjoyed it and decided to copy it verbatim and somehow it didn't work for me.
    I have a 2011 TRD double cab with the same engine (4.0) but having bought the exact parts he listed from the same vendor (Pegasus Racing) I found I was unable to thread the 1/8 male BSP -1/8 female NPT adaptor into the OBD port where the sensor is. It just doesn't quite fit. All the other pieces work perfectly and the OBD sensor will thread into a 1/8 NPT female end.
    I was hoping someone knew exactly what size the port is on the engine where the OBD oil sensor sits. Obviously, there are solutions, like retapping the engine port but I didn't think that was a good idea. I"m installing Autometer gauges in my truck and just hope someone else out in TW has run into this same problem and solved it. Maybe it BSPT (taper) or its BSPP (parallel). Help?

2011crewman

2. Oct 20, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    Im thinking that if you want more help you might wanna retitle your thread I have no experience with what you are doing but I do know your not going to get many replys with that title good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top