1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ready to mod, what's first?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ballplayer002003, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dec 26, 2009 at 2:12 PM
    ballplayer002003

ballplayer002003 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    delaware
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner long bed 4dr
    Hi all, new to this site. I am now ready to mod my 07 PreRunner but I don't know what I should do first. What are some of the first mods that you have all done? I don't need a lift kit since its a PreRunner (non 4x4, which sucks but the price was right). I do have step rails on the side, thats it. Thoughts? By the way, I am not looking at spending thousands just yet.

2. Dec 26, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
  3. Dec 26, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Do you need a cover in the bed? A tonneau cover will come in handy for carrying items such as groceries, etc.

New mats will also be great. I have weathertech mats and love them. They are expensive though.

Also, seat covers are great to look into.

Does your tailgate already have a lock? If not, I recommend the pop & lock

4. Dec 26, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    krans

krans Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Huntington beach/ West min duh
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport mall crawler
    Icon extended travel with resi front and rear,Camburg UCA, All pro standard leaf pack, Fogs anytime, General grabbers AT2,Custom stainless steel brake lines,bed box, Bestop soft top,50' light bar, amber rigid pods,CBI ditch mounts with LED pods,TRD intake,Anti dark hoodlights/rock light/LED whip,FX-R retros and Gibson catback..more mods to come
    I would recommend the tailgate lock mod( hose clamp) first.

5. Dec 26, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Welcome to TW. Where in Delaware are you? I am just a little north of Newark in PA.

6. Dec 26, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    How much cash money you gotz to spend?

7. Dec 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    ballplayer002003

ballplayer002003 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    delaware
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner long bed 4dr
    Thanks for the info, I am in Dover, not too much money to spend, I am a poor school teacher:)

8. Dec 27, 2009 at 4:21 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    If you are going to put anything in the back get a Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, it will keep stuff from sliding around and for me from sliding out the back when I leave the tailgate down. Ya, I checked and I'm wasn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but so far the Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat has been good insurance when I make that mistake. :D It can be had for about $75 and well worth it. You can also make one for less but I don't have a link handy.
    If you carry stuff on the passenger seat or don't want to ware a seat belt all the time, do the Seat belt beeper mod, it's free. Can't beat free.
    afe pro dry s filter is fairly cheap and you will never have to buy another air filter, just wash it out.
    DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter is fairly cheap and you will never have to buy another cabin filter, just wash it out.
    Covercraft Seat Savers will save your seat cover for not too much $.
    Weathertech floor liner will be the best to protect the carpet but now you are starting to spend $$.
    Check the rest of my mods, they are all good and useful but more money. If you don't have a lot to spend I'd start off with the above. [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top