1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear bumper question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by smurf taco, Jan 2, 2013.

1. smurf taco

smurf taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    speedway blue 09 prerunner sport 2wd
    brite ass led headlights and fogs, fuel hostage wheels, mellow tone dual exhaust, black westin bull bar, go rhino nerf bars, toyota neoprene black and blue seat covers, image dynamics door speakers all around, Bilsteins 5100s all around set at 0 with maxtrac spindles and eibach coils and total chaos UCAs with OCtaco brakelines all around and all pro expo leafs in the rear running 295/70/17 cooper ST Maxx, cobra cb radio w/ 3ft fire stik, bed lights, jvc double din head unit, AC in cab mod, AFE CAI...more mods to come
    ive been doing a little bit of searching on here and somewhat on other websites about rear bumpers and i really like the all pro rear bumper and the relentless fab rear bumper. They have a nice look to them IMO but they dont fit with a factory hitch. which is something i dont want to deal with. is there a rear bumper out there that is decent and can fit with the factory hitch? i also dont want to have to cut into the side of my fenders

2. P9HST2

P9HST2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM AC TRD OR
    WeatherTech floor liners, tailgate hoseclamp, Famous Fab sliders, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Icon "3T" suspension.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so. The aftermarket off-road bumpers bolt where the factory hitch was, so it's not an option.

Only high clearance rear bumpers require cutting. The others are direct bolt-on replacement.

Brute Force Fab seems to be the one I'm leaning towards when everything is considered for my situation.

3. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC TRD Sport
  4. P9HST2

P9HST2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM AC TRD OR
    WeatherTech floor liners, tailgate hoseclamp, Famous Fab sliders, Brute Force Fab rear bumper, Icon "3T" suspension.
    A lot of aftermarket rear bumpers come with a hitch. I don't think any allow the use of the Toyota factory hitch though. I keep thinking there might be one but I can't place it. Maybe it was a dream... :)

5. BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Nebraska/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    Most of them offer a hitch as an option, Relentless does, and the main reason they say they are not rated for towing is because they haven't had them tested and don't need the liability of someone doing something dumb and trying to blame them.

Look up what people tow with their after market hitches and see if you're comfortable with whatever you need yours for. I'd say it could probably handle most of what you throw at it.

6. smurf taco

smurf taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    speedway blue 09 prerunner sport 2wd
    brite ass led headlights and fogs, fuel hostage wheels, mellow tone dual exhaust, black westin bull bar, go rhino nerf bars, toyota neoprene black and blue seat covers, image dynamics door speakers all around, Bilsteins 5100s all around set at 0 with maxtrac spindles and eibach coils and total chaos UCAs with OCtaco brakelines all around and all pro expo leafs in the rear running 295/70/17 cooper ST Maxx, cobra cb radio w/ 3ft fire stik, bed lights, jvc double din head unit, AC in cab mod, AFE CAI...more mods to come
    yea ive noticed that most of them offer the hitch receiver but still....oh well looks like that mod goes to the bottom of the list

To Top