1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Diff Actuator

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nad, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Jun 22, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    nad

nad [OP] mmmm tacos!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Sierra All Terrain
    Hey guys I am wondering if anyone has had the same problem that I had right after buying my truck. What happened was the first time I went to use my diff lock, which happened to be the first day I owned the truck, it got stuck on, When I tried to turn it off it wouldnt, then I tried putting it in 4 h or 2h to get it to turn off but i wouldnt, in fact it went into 2h and left the diff lock stuck on, then when I tried to put it back into 4l or 4h it would just beep at me. It was very annoying driving around with this locked all the time, my tires would chirp and hop as i went around corners.

This happened on a 2005 trd off-road I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. The dealer replaced the actuator with a used one off of a 2007, this is why I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I am hoping that they fixed this issue by the time they made 2007 one that is now on my truck.

2. Jun 22, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    EricT

EricT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '09 4x4 shortbed TRD Sport
    My bro in law is pretty 4w savvy - I am not. But he mentioned that driving around with your diff lock on can do really bad things to your drivetrain. With my limited mechanical understanding, I believe him. Get that looked at right away. No idea if this will do anything, but it is an electronic part - tried unplugging your battery for awhile?

3. Jun 22, 2009 at 1:13 PM
    nad

nad [OP] mmmm tacos!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Sierra All Terrain
    o I have already had it replaced, but I am just wondering if its going to happen again with the 2007 actuator that they put on. and I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem

4. Oct 7, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    av8er2012

av8er2012 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Wasilla AK
    Vehicle:
    Impulse Red 05 TRD offroad
    icon coilovers, bilstein 5100 rear shocks, OME dakar leaf springs, ARB front bumper, Warn XD9000 winch, Heated mirror mod, Rear diff breather mod, fog light anytime mod, Alpine W203 headunit, boston SPZ front speakers, boston SL65 rear speakers, Jl Audio HD 750/1 and 600/4 amplifiers, JL Audio 10w6v2 sub in custom box white dash w/blue needles
    hey i know this is an old thread but i just had that happen to me too. i just found this searching for a way to fix my problem. my taco is an 05 and its doing the exact same thing and im pretty sure mine will have to be replaced as well.

To Top