1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Diff problem in my 2009 dc 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Wayner275, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Sep 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM
    Wayner275

Wayner275 [OP] Member Me

Member:
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Step bars, Weathertech mats, Sirius sat., Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite, Pop-n-Lock (ditched the PopnLock and went with the Dyno Lock, RedLine hood struts, Cloud-rider Grill insert,
    Took my truck in to get the rear diff checked because I could hear a faint noise when coasting at 25 mph. Thought I would get it checked by the dealership before I changed the oil to synthetic in case they wanted to blame me for any future problems. Although it was a very faint noise that I could only hear when travelling on a smooth road, with the radio and fan turned off, they drove it and agreed with me and booked a future appointment to have the diff changed under warranty. When I questioned the service rep as to the extent of this problem among Tacomas he informed me that the factory's position on noise complaints with Tacoma rear diffs is to have the rear diff replaced. I have almost 40,000 kms (25,000 miles) on my truck (most of it on the highway) and I don't drive it hard. I would suggest getting your diff checked if you hear any noise. What is happening with the quality of Toyota products?

2. Sep 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    Jake n bake

Jake n bake New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    MGM '12 DC 4x4
    My ring gear:
    [​IMG]

wish my truck was under warranty haha ....

Products Discussed in

To Top