1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

REAR DIfferential LOCK

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bajaTACO2008, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Dec 29, 2008 at 4:49 PM
    bajaTACO2008

bajaTACO2008 [OP] Member

Member:
    ORANGE COUNTY
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD with the Baja toyota Package
    COMING SOON
    sooo i took my truck up to the mountains last week and it had snow quite a bit and i think 4-6 inches the night i went up..... it said chains required or 4wd at the bottom of the hill....... but i kept going even though i only have 2wd so as i went up the long windy steep hill my truck did perfect even with out the lock rear diff. I just down shifted sometimes to about 3rd or 2nd gear and my 2wd made it up no problem didnt have to put on chains the whole time ....!!!! i was stokked ..... then at one point in the morning i was heading up to the mountain to board and i stopped and then went to go again and no traction what so ever so i tryed getting it going by down shifting and giving it some gass no go. Then i put on the rear differential lock and put it in 1st gear and didnt give any gas at ALL the truck started moving up the hill no prob and i just gained speed and got out of it .... so guys if u dont have 4wd dont be tooo bummmed ..... welll hope this story will help u guys if ur ever stuck rear diff 1st gear no gas!@!!!!

2. Dec 29, 2008 at 4:51 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Kaplan, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners.
    Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Wish I could ride in some snow.

3. Dec 29, 2008 at 6:03 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    thanks for the info. I have an 08 taco dc pre trd-or and i have only used the locker twice and it was in drive. so thanks for the info. i will definitely use it. If you ever wanna go offroading just hit me up. I live in san bernardino area. i think there are some good places around me too.

To Top