1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear differential lock ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeremy, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jan 10, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    jeremy

jeremy [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeremy
    mass
    Vehicle:
    07 trd off road
    ok fellas i have an 07 trd off road and was playing with the rear diff lock in the snow last week, it works great but my question is this why does the manual says not to go over 5 mph or so? will damage be done? what are your experiences with this feature? any opinoins will be much appreciated.

jeremy

2. Jan 10, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
  3. Jan 10, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    cvillechopper

cvillechopper Jackass to the masses

Member:
    Charlottesville, VA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD Off-Rd 4x4, Roof Rack, Tube Steps
    K&N drop-in air-filter, extra D-rings, Custom Console lock-box, Leather heated seats, Studly Driver
    I'm not trying to be rude but if you use the search function you'll find at least a dozen posts on this topic in just the last month. Always better to try searching before starting a new post. This site is free for us but storage costs someone and more posts = more storage. That and alot of the guys here get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

Good luck with your search. And yes, I realize that I could have answered your question in the time it took to type this but I prefer to teach a man to fish...

To Top