1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear drivers side "lean"?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Mainmoe02, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    2001 3.4 DC/SB SR5 TRD
    I have the Bilstein 5100 adjustable with EIBACH coils up front. OME Dakar leaf packs with 5125s in the rear.

Does anyone have a rear driver side lean? It's about .5" difference from the rear passenger side.

When I installed the new leaf packs they are side specific (A= driver, B= passenger) but after about 3 weeks I'm guessing things have settled a bit and now I notice a slight rear driver side lean. After measuring on flat surface it's about .5" higher on rear passenger side.

What are my options to fix this?
    -Only 1 longer shackle on driver side?
    -Shim?? (Are shims similar to blocks?)

I was wanting to do longer shackles before noticing the lean. Can I have them custom mad and have the drivers side made a little longer?

Thanks for the help!

Side note: up front seems to be as level as it can be. No issues there, I'm glad because I didn't want to add any spacers, trim packers, etc...

2. Jun 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    uncleART

uncleART Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCLB Sport
    3" Toytec ULK 285/75-16 BFG KO2 Verge FN Wheels DeBadged, Toyota Bedmat, Window tint 30%, DeFlapped the front, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec coil overs, Dakar leafs, LR UCAs, SwayBar relocate, TRD Offroad tow hook, RotoPax, DeFlapped the rear, Tailgate mod, CBI receiver shackle w/ Bolt Hitch Pin, BFG KO2 285/75-16, FNWheels Verge, Weathertech Floor Liners, Spare tire mod, UWS toolbox with Bolt Latch Retrofit, Rear Diff vent relocated, Blacked-out grill emblem, Toolbox Bedrail mod, Trailer Plug relocated, ECGS bushing, Redline Hood Struts, Leer 100XR, C4 Fabrication Lo-Pro Bumper, Relentless Fab Frame Reinforcements, Warn 9.5XP-S Winch, Baja Designs S8 20" Lighbar, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery Tray, Odessey 35-PC1400 Batteries, BlueSea ML-ACR
    Did you have any resolution? I just installed my Toytec ULK a week ago and I have a 1/2" lean, with the drivers coil over cranked up a little more. I removed my Dakars today and found that the passenger side had more arch in it, so I swapped them. This helped a little, but I still don't know what to do. I'm going to call ToyTec tomorrow.

3. Jun 10, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  4. Jun 10, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    How much fuel is in your tank when you measured the rear?

5. Jun 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    uncleART

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCLB Sport
    3" Toytec ULK 285/75-16 BFG KO2 Verge FN Wheels DeBadged, Toyota Bedmat, Window tint 30%, DeFlapped the front, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec coil overs, Dakar leafs, LR UCAs, SwayBar relocate, TRD Offroad tow hook, RotoPax, DeFlapped the rear, Tailgate mod, CBI receiver shackle w/ Bolt Hitch Pin, BFG KO2 285/75-16, FNWheels Verge, Weathertech Floor Liners, Spare tire mod, UWS toolbox with Bolt Latch Retrofit, Rear Diff vent relocated, Blacked-out grill emblem, Toolbox Bedrail mod, Trailer Plug relocated, ECGS bushing, Redline Hood Struts, Leer 100XR, C4 Fabrication Lo-Pro Bumper, Relentless Fab Frame Reinforcements, Warn 9.5XP-S Winch, Baja Designs S8 20" Lighbar, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery Tray, Odessey 35-PC1400 Batteries, BlueSea ML-ACR
    Full tank.

6. Jun 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    That's over 100lbs

7. Jun 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    uncleART

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCLB Sport
    Yeah and I don't know how much fuel I had for my baseline measurement. Well I'll remeasured at the end of the week and see what it is near a 1/4 tank.

8. Jun 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    I'll do the same one the tank is low. I'm at half a tank right now. today i really noticed the rear drivers side lean after having a friend of mine (200lbs) sit in the Drivers side rear passenger seat. I could feel the lean while I was sitting at a stop light. I was just thinking to my self... I gotta get this leveled out in the rear!

I'm gonna call Toytec also because since the rear OME/ dakars are side specific then why is the rear drivers side only leaning? The front end is dead on level, even when the rear is leaning by .5". It was prob closer to .75" when my friend was sitting in the back seat behind me.

When I was doing research about my lift (2-3 months worth) I only ever saw people say there is a drivers side lean to the front, because of the motor mainly. Now that I have my lift and noticed this rear drivers side lean, I was like why? All I've ever heard of Is the front drivers side lean. I didn't know it could be the rear ASWELL. Hopefully we will get this figured out.

Any quick fix recomendations to this problem? Longer shackle on drivers side? Shims?

9. Jun 10, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    uncleART

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCLB Sport
    My lean is the same, front and back. ToyTec told me today that it is ok to crank my drivers side up more. The main thing is to not go over 23" in the front.

One thing that I also did for added perspective, was to measure from the floor to the frame. Of course making sure all the tire pressures were the same. Doing this verified my fender measurements.

10. Jun 10, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    uncleART

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCLB Sport
    I don't know if there is a quick fix for you. But calling ToyTec could be helpful for you.

11. Jun 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    uncleART

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM DCLB Sport
    I got all four corners reasonably balanced. My right rear Is high and causes left front and rear to perch over. I just kept playing with the coil overs and got it the best I could. Front drivers side is 1/8" low and rear drivers is 3/8" low. 3/4 tank of fuel. Looking at the truck, you can barely see the lean. I'm callin' it good.

12. Sep 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    SpaceBalls

SpaceBalls Active Member

Member:
    Vancouver Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco trd
    3" block lift 33" BFG's AT
    I have a 2008 Taco extended cab. I installed all pro A arms and king coil with res shocks, also all pro 3" leaf pack. My driver side is 1/2" lower!! I got the lean :(
    I tried adding more preload to the drive shock and that didnt work! I might try adding more. But then the driver side would be super tight and the pass soft!

Products Discussed in

To Top