1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear ended someone and need some help...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AlexForbesR6, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    maxboostcore

maxboostcore Well-Known Member

Member:
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    get a quote from the dealer. I think that will get you the most money. I think, not too sure.

2. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:02 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    My dealer was an authorized repair center by the insurance company.

3. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    06Bluez

06Bluez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    Icon Coil-overs, TC UCA, with Bilstein 5150 and Icon 3 leaf pack. 17" Moto Metal 951 4.5" Backspacing wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG AT's. Demello front bumper and Avid offroad sliders.
    thats not insurance fraud!!

4. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Dealer quotes won't matter- if an adjuster comes out to look at it you can have all the quotes you want and they'll still decide what the final amount will be.
    And if the damage is any sort of bad at all...That quote usually won't cover the cost cause once a repair is authorized...even if MORE damage pops up...they still have to fix it...but you wont' get more money if you do it yourself.

5. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill

6. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:12 PM
    maxboostcore

maxboostcore Well-Known Member

Member:
    SOCAL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    this has happened to me before. I got a quote from a body a shop as a recommendation from the guy that hit me. They quoted me $450. So I told the guy $450 so that we won't have to go through insurance. The tells me he'll give me $300 because he doesn't want to go through insurance and have it show on his record. I got mad because I just did the guy a favor and it sounded like he wanted to mess around with me. I called my insurance which was the same insurance the guy had. They sent a claims adjuster and they quoted me $300. I filed the claim instead of taking the $300 cash from the man that hit me. I still haven't gotten the bumper fixed. They did tell me if the repair cost more than the quote they would give me the difference.

Products Discussed in

To Top