1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear fox shox ?

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by imtwistd, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Oct 8, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    imtwistd

imtwistd [OP] Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    I just installed the Allpro rear long travel expedition spring and fox shocks w/piggyback res. My question is: what is the best setting for the shocks for daily driving, it has a blue dial with 8 settings. It is currently set on #1. I'm new to the extreme suspesion setups so I'm not sure.
    [​IMG]

2. Oct 8, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    BMiller421

BMiller421 FMLYHM

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Pre-runner
    LT, Kings, Fabricated Trucks Worldwide For The Win, K&N and Doug Thorley LT Headers
    Congrats on the shocks..best bang for your buck..

Depending on whats in your bed..otherwise just leave them as they are..

Or a great test is to go find a parking lot with speed bumps and roll over it at a comfortable speed..it if hits too hard turn up one click..

Repeat as needed..

Good luck..

3. Oct 8, 2011 at 9:21 PM
    FixedTRD

FixedTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Alhambra, CA
    All pro LT, All pro front bumper,All pro rear fox, 1.5 full leaf and u bolt flip kit. KR sliders, bestop, high lift with custom mount, katskin leather, Hankook MT and atx artillery. DMZ SUA w/FOX triple bypass
    When I had them I set them at 5-6, It really depends how you use them 1 was just soft for my taste.

4. Oct 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    imtwistd

imtwistd [OP] Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Thanx for the info I will definetly give the parking lot speed bumps a good thrashing

5. Dec 24, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    Bobber Bill

Bobber Bill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Daily Driver
    You might want to rotate those shocks a little. Those piggyback elbows are pretty close to your shock cup. People have hit and cracked theirs in the past just like that.

I cut the shit out of my shock cups to clear the elbows. Do that at your own risk though.

Products Discussed in

To Top