1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear kicker panel install help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Sproulesxrunner, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Dec 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
  2. Dec 18, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Window trim panel, door panel, pillar panel, side floor panel. (for rear speakers) Up front the side floor panel, kicker panel, window trim panel, mirror panel. Single wire not hard. The hardest wire run is the driver's front door with 2 wires for components.

3. Dec 18, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    zeroendless

zeroendless Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Stock
    I just did all the speaker wires today, i agreed that driver side 2 wires for component set is a bitch, I didn't use any lubricant on the cable but managed to pull though... :) There are tons of cables and no room to work there, passenger side is hell lot simple.

For the back speaker panel, first u pull the side rubber trim all the way up, then gently pull the side panel, notice that you don't need to pull the entire unit off, just the top lose then leaves the bottom as if. Once the top is lose, pull the blue cover lose (see pic), so you can slide the speaker in, tape the speaker end with tie wrap ready to go though the tunnel. As mentioned, the back speaker is easier, the driver front is another story.

_4_28315.jpg

4. Dec 21, 2010 at 5:41 AM
    Sproulesxrunner

Sproulesxrunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Xrunner
    Too much for TW to know
    I managed to wire the back speakers no problem but you guys are definately right... the front ones are so hard to get at? Do you recommend starting from the inside and feeding the speaker wire out or going from inside the door panel to the cabin? Thanks guys. Also for the guys with the Taco tunes mounts what size are the bolts that are needed to secure the mounts. Thanks in advanced

Products Discussed in

To Top