1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear leaf pack...something is amiss???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by maser, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Feb 7, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    maser

maser [OP] Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    fog light mod,DTRL mod,alternating turn signal mod, BHLM, pioneer pt 3200dvd, fosgate speakers all 4 doors,AFE CAI, Magnaflow turndown exhaust, satoshi'd grill, Procomp 6 in lift, 2 Diamond audio 10's w/ 600w amp..........
    There are countless threads on here regarding leaf packs and aal's regarding lift.....This is not one of those.
    I've done a lot of research on here and decided to go with a 2" aal, that I bought from a member here ( can't wait to get it !! )

Here's the question/problem...Took a look at what I have now and it seems a leaf is missing ( see attached photos ).

Is what I'm seeing a simple non-tsb or did the previous owner aal and then remove it?

Will the aal that I just bought be able to be installed or do I need to correct the spring pack first?

The truck is an 06 dbl pre-runner that I bought used has 100k on odo. I know it wouldn't hurt to replace the whole pack, but $$ is an issue.

2. Feb 7, 2011 at 2:19 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I can't tell from those photos- but the 3rd leaf is a very short thicker overload type leaf...so it doesn't extend up that far.
    I'm sure you'll be able to get the AAL into it.

3. Feb 7, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
  4. Feb 7, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    IrishAmerican

IrishAmerican Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SR5 4x4
    Lift, XD wheels, Tinted, K&N, 285 Cooper STTs
    You should have a short spring and two long ones if its a non-TSB leaf pack. The pics look normal to me. Thats what I had before AAL install.

5. Feb 7, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    Pretty sure I see 2 leafs and then end of an overload leaf in that first pic, so you are normal.

6. Feb 7, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    maser

maser [OP] Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    fog light mod,DTRL mod,alternating turn signal mod, BHLM, pioneer pt 3200dvd, fosgate speakers all 4 doors,AFE CAI, Magnaflow turndown exhaust, satoshi'd grill, Procomp 6 in lift, 2 Diamond audio 10's w/ 600w amp..........
    Ok, thanks guys !! It just looked a little odd to me. Not to mention, on further inspection I noticed a lot of trimming in the wheelwells up front and what appears to be some cheap pep boy type shocks on it. I'm pretty sure there was a kit on there that was removed when he traded it in.

Anyway...thanks again for the input:).

Products Discussed in

To Top