1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Leaf question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by crazyjeys, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Aug 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    crazyjeys

crazyjeys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    i know there are a lot of threads regarding worn leaf springs, but i have another question on it... what do you guys feel when you have worn springs? i know that on the topics on how it looks but how does it feel to drive when you have worn out leaves? is it the same as riding on blown out shocks?

2. Aug 16, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    It will bottom out going over train tracks and speed bumps, it will be worse with a load in the back. The springs will sag, they will have no arch to them. Post pics and people can help out more. What year of truck do you have?

3. Aug 16, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    crazyjeys

crazyjeys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    thanks for the reply scottri. i believe mine is a bit straight already. well, not smiling for sure. i was just curious coz i've been having some vibration coming from the rear and was thinking if a worn out leaf can cause that too. the vibration worsen when you put load at the back. i have an 02 double cab.

To Top