1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Leaf Spring TSB - Dealer screw up :(

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Corbitt00, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Jun 25, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    Corbitt00

Corbitt00 [OP] Member

Member:
    Quick update:

I called into the service department this morning and told him what had happened. He basically freaked out...it was towed in and I'm about to pick it back up.

2. Jun 25, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Freaked out how? "OMG!! How could we have done such a stupid thing?" or "OMG!! You are an idiot!"

(You're NOT an idiot btw, just wondering if they were trying to get out of it)

3. Jun 25, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    mick478

mick478 He is The STig

Member:
    First Name:
    Bott
    Stockton, CACA
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD Sport, 4x4 doublemint cab
    Ome 885 coils Ome n9000 front shocks Ome n182 rear shocks K&n drop in filter Duratracs Kenwood kac 90210d Kicker 12" Alpine 800 watt 4 channel Pioneer 430w 6x9 Firestone ride rite air springs
    I trusted the work the dealer did for months then one day I was powerwashing under the bed and noticed that they threw on the passenger shackle backwards so the plate was touching the top leaf yea I was pissed too. That was after they installed tsb springs

4. Jun 25, 2010 at 8:22 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I understand the missing nut is not acceptable.
    That being what it is, I think I would have pulled the shock and took the bolt to a hardware store to match up the nut.
    Bring it home and installed myself.

Gitting a vehicle towed is a chance for more problems if the tow guy scratches it or damages it somehow.
    Yes they will be liable to repair it and the cycle starts all over.

I like simple solutions, just throw a nut on it and let the dealer know they missed it.
    Perhaps they would give you a discount on a future visit for their mistake.

5. Jun 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    x2

Why make a bad thing worse?

If it were mine I'd secure the loose shock and take it back to let 'em make it right. The tow's just a totally un-needed headache for a 10 minute job at the dealer. If I thought I could find a nut and washer that's right I'd do just that though.

6. Jun 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Yeah but there's a lot less chance of shit happenening on a flat bed tow truck going back to the shop than there is letting the dealership work on it......obviously......so why not waste the dealership's money/time by having them tow it back? They are wasting the OP's time having to go back or time/money going to source the right bolt/washer then let them off the hook by doing it yourself. I don't think so. What does calling them on it after you fix it accomplish? Not a fucking thing. What I would do is a few hot laps around their parking lot before even leaving with it to begin with....and certainly the 2nd time. Hell, I'd waste some more of their time/money when picking it up by insisting that the service mgr take a test ride with you before accepting it or signing off on it and leaving.

7. Jun 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Good. I'd flip out to if that had happened to me. That is unacceptable. They didn't do the final check. Somebody goofed up. Good thing they where not working on brakes.

Oh sorry buddy we forgot the pin that hold on your pads. DoH !

8. Jun 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    buddywh1

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    I gave up on getting upset a long time back...now I just hope I get enough of the truck back in good enough shape that I can fix the little things they left screwed up.

That's why I'll only take it to the dealer (or any shop) if it's something I absolutely can not do myself. Which, unfortunately, is increasingly more the older I get...:rolleyes:

A wise man once told me: never try to teach a pig to sing; it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.

9. Jun 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    buddywh1

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    I bet your dealer must love when you pull in.

I know I'd bring plenty of sanitary wipes to clean off my door handle and steering wheel if I pulled those tricks...;)

10. Jun 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    rumrunner358

rumrunner358 Member

Member:

This is why I won't let the dealer change my oil, even for free.

Products Discussed in

To Top