1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear leaf springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 07dirtrunner, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM

07dirtrunner [OP] New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    SLC Utah
    Taco Supreme
    None, work truck
    Not sure if I am in the right thread but here goes:
    I have a 07 tacoma 4x4 ext. cab 6 cylinder. 61400 miles.
    Last friday I was leaving some areas where I had used 4 high to get in and out of and there wae a big bang and then every bump sounded like the wheels were going to come out from under it. (no weight on it at all) I had someone listen to it and they said that it was deffinatly coming from the rear end. after getting home and jacking it up I found that I had broken the passenger rear leaf spring. It has the 2 leaf's and the overload. The broken one was the 2nd leaf just ahead of the axel. completly clean break. I thought this to be very odd. I just had it it replaced today for $860.00 they said they could not tell me why it had broken like that. After researching this I found your forum. I have noticed (since it was new) that when I put a couple of hundred pounds of material in it I will bottom out easily on any bump.
    Do you think this falls into the leaf spring TSB? I feel that over $800.00 it too much for repair. (this was the local dealer). I have read that this has been an issue and want to know if I can recoop some of the repair cost and get the thing fixed right.
    Please let me know if it is worth persuing with Toyota.
    Thank you
To Top