1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear leaf springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 07dirtrunner, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    07dirtrunner

07dirtrunner [OP] New Member

Member:
    SLC Utah
    Vehicle:
    Taco Supreme
    None, work truck
    Not sure if I am in the right thread but here goes:
    I have a 07 tacoma 4x4 ext. cab 6 cylinder. 61400 miles.
    Last friday I was leaving some areas where I had used 4 high to get in and out of and there wae a big bang and then every bump sounded like the wheels were going to come out from under it. (no weight on it at all) I had someone listen to it and they said that it was deffinatly coming from the rear end. after getting home and jacking it up I found that I had broken the passenger rear leaf spring. It has the 2 leaf's and the overload. The broken one was the 2nd leaf just ahead of the axel. completly clean break. I thought this to be very odd. I just had it it replaced today for $860.00 they said they could not tell me why it had broken like that. After researching this I found your forum. I have noticed (since it was new) that when I put a couple of hundred pounds of material in it I will bottom out easily on any bump.
    Do you think this falls into the leaf spring TSB? I feel that over $800.00 it too much for repair. (this was the local dealer). I have read that this has been an issue and want to know if I can recoop some of the repair cost and get the thing fixed right.
    Please let me know if it is worth persuing with Toyota.
    Thank you

2. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    You are over the age and miles that the TSB covers.

To Top