1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear lift question. newb please help.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Niknaq, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Aug 29, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    Niknaq

Niknaq [OP] Phightin Phils 2008 Champs

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4wd 2.7L Regular Cab
    Dumped exhaust, 35 % factory tint, kobalt slim line toolbox, afe pro dry, toyota all weather mats, fog lights soon.
    First of all, sorry my searches did not help.

I would like a 2.5 inch lift in the rear (no block kits), i will be using adjustable billys up front set at 1.75 to get that factory rake look.

What kind of leaf packs should I get,
    what do you guys recommend for the rear and how much will it cost?

thanks
    nick

2. Aug 29, 2009 at 6:27 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Well, there are many diffrent lifts for diffrent needs. There are always the AALs. Or you can look at whole new leaf packs. There is Deaver, Alcan, Old Man Emu, All Pro, Sky Jacker and Im sure more out the. Each has it's own wheight capasity and flex ratio. It kind of depends on what you use your truck for. Right Now I have a Toytec 2" AAL, but Im going to go with the Old Man Emu Dakars with the extra leaf. I think That will put my rear at 3.5" You should research some of those brands I listed and then go from there. You will learn what you want and need as to what they have to offer. Just know that the more you lift, the more it will affect other things on the truck. Good luck.

3. Aug 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven
    Vehicle:
    '17 Inferno DCSB O/R
    STOCK 4 NOW
    dakars give you about 2.75" of rear lift, you can take out one of the leafs to reduce your lift by 1/4" or so. you can always go with a wheeler's 1.5" aal with a 1" block. though im not a fan of rear blocks

4. Aug 29, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Oh, and as for price? Like I said, it all depends. The set I said I was getting above, with new shocks and a carrier bearing drop with it is going to be around $6-$700. Don't know about the others. I think Alcan will be around that. Deavers maby more, not sure. :p

5. Aug 29, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Ya, especialy with the tacoma's springs. Blocks = Baaaaaaaaaad

6. Aug 29, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    Niknaq

Niknaq [OP] Phightin Phils 2008 Champs

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4wd 2.7L Regular Cab
    Dumped exhaust, 35 % factory tint, kobalt slim line toolbox, afe pro dry, toyota all weather mats, fog lights soon.
    what is dropping the carrier barrier consest of?

To Top