1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear seat covers for dogs?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by lylefk, May 12, 2021.

1. May 12, 2021 at 2:43 PM
    lylefk

lylefk [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maui, HI
    Vehicle:
    '21 4wd Cement Sport DCSB
    Nothing major
    Aloha,

Anyone have any recommendations for good covers in back for dogs? Seems like the wrong place to post this but it looks like this is where product questions go as well.

Thanks!

Lyle

2. May 12, 2021 at 2:47 PM
    mightiestmouse

mightiestmouse Well-Known Member

Member:
    I use this: https://www.duluthtrading.com/scout...rs#start=6&cgid=duluth-gear-truck-seat-covers

Has held up great with 2 dogs long nails, camping, throwup, wet, bloody paws... you name it. I rarely hook it to the front seat as it just lays down in the footwell without causing a problem. Need a person to hop in the back... just unclip one of the straps behind the headrest and you have access to the seat again.

3. Jun 6, 2021 at 10:50 AM
    SaBiN's Blue Bandit

SaBiN's Blue Bandit Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sabin
    Vehicle:
    Bandit! - Voodoo Blue Tacoma DCLB 21'
    VFTuned with KDMax - I can do this for 3rd gens right now RCI Rocksliders BajaDesigns Squadron fog lights in amber Snugtop Shell - soon!! Read Diff breather relocate DesertDoesIt Seat Jacker - driver and passenger
    I like this one too and it's held up well for my pup who likes to play in mud and water. Only complaint -which is probably by design. It attracts hair so well, it's tough to get it cleaned off. I usually remove this at the car wash and spray it down to remove mud and dirt, but the hair always stays. One thing I've noticed, after washing if I leave it out in the sun to heat up the hair tends to come off a little easier.

4. Jun 7, 2021 at 8:26 AM
    mightiestmouse

mightiestmouse Well-Known Member

Member:
    I do agree with this but I usually just take our Dyson handheld to it and the hair comes off with ease. For the price though I can't think of a better option for full coverage of the back seats.

5. Jun 11, 2021 at 2:03 PM
    Zoohan

Zoohan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Factory Level TRD CAI TRD Exhaust TRD 17x7 Wheels - Cooper ST Maxx 275/70 Behind Grill LED Bar
  6. Jun 16, 2021 at 1:03 PM
    tandemtails

tandemtails Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Silver Tacoma TRD Offroad
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088H3S6M3

I ordered that one. My dog rolls in literal shit and dead things any chance he gets. The first day I got the cover and installed it, I took him to some local trails and he found some kind of dead animal to roll around in.

He jumped into the truck and rubbed all around on the cover, smearing it with the smell of death. After a drive home with the windows down and a dog bath outside, I just had to hose the thing down, washed it by hand and let it air dry and it was good as new.

There have been some minor spills in the back (water bottles not totally closed) and the cover did a good job about keeping my seats dry. I'm not sure how it would handle a dog letting loose its bladder, but for my purposes so far it's been great.

Also super easy to take in and out if you actually need to put people in the back.

7. Jun 16, 2021 at 2:37 PM
    Sprig

Sprig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    N. Calif. The Twilight Zone
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD double cab 4x4, Barcelona Red
    I’m a duck hunter. My labs ride in the back seat . After hunting both the dogs and the hunter are are unusually filthy dirty with some nasty shit. I’ve had Marathon waterproof camo seat covers in my truck for 9 years. They clean up easy peasy. I recently removed the back seat cover and the seats look like new. No dirt , no nothing. Can’t beat Marathon seat covers for durability and protecting the seats.

8. Jul 6, 2021 at 5:43 PM
    EGBTER

EGBTER Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wayne
    Denver CO
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD SPORT
To Top