1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TheDuDe06, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Jan 6, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    TheDuDe06

TheDuDe06 [OP] TEE ARE DEE

Member:
    Canada, New-Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Arctic White
    BDS Suspension 6" Lift with 2.5 Fox Remote Res Coils, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, SPC Adjustable Control Arm, N-Fab Step Bar, WeatherTech Floor Mats, K&N 63-9025 Aircharger Kit, Spidertrax 1,25" Spacers Kit, Fog Light Anytime Mod, ScanGauge II, Magnaflow Muffler, Unichip, Demello Offroad Bumper, SuperWinch 8500Lbs
    Hello, I have the Toytec Ultimate 3" Lift kit with the bilstein 5100 in the rear but one on my shocks now always froze in the winter so I need a new set of rear shocks. I have looked over theses Fox 2.0 Factory Series Emulsion Smooth Body Shocks 5/8" Shaft. But I don't know wich ones to order how much of Travel do I need with a 3" of lift ? 8.5" or 10.0" ?

Thank you!

2. Jan 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Measure extended length of your leafs without the shocks and then compressed length (ride height minus distance to bump stop). Prob the 8.5" would work but the 10" would take advantage of extra down travel if your springs are capable. Usually the compressed length is the issue with bottoming out the shock before the bump stop hits.

3. Jan 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    TheDuDe06

TheDuDe06 [OP] TEE ARE DEE

Member:
    Canada, New-Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Arctic White
    BDS Suspension 6" Lift with 2.5 Fox Remote Res Coils, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, SPC Adjustable Control Arm, N-Fab Step Bar, WeatherTech Floor Mats, K&N 63-9025 Aircharger Kit, Spidertrax 1,25" Spacers Kit, Fog Light Anytime Mod, ScanGauge II, Magnaflow Muffler, Unichip, Demello Offroad Bumper, SuperWinch 8500Lbs
    Ok Thank you, but I almost forgot that I need to run a stem conversion bracket for the top of the shock since the Tacoma has a stem mount shock (theses shocks are on a loop/loop style mounting) so this will add a 3/4 - 1" to the length of the shock. I don't know if this will make a difference at all when I will choose the right shocks.

4. Jan 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Ya, I have 9.25" travel 5125's and with the adaptor I needed to add a spacer under by bump stops. You're prob good with the 8.5" but will add that 1" to the measurements.....it'll be close!

5. Jan 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    TACO619

TACO619 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    09 TACO 4WD DC
    Im running FOX FJ rears on my '09 taco TRD 4X4 and they bottom out about 1'' before hitting the bump stops. Is a spacer the best call or is there any brands anybody recomends for possibly replacing them?

To Top