1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear spring TSB - Parts ordered

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Sheep, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Jan 17, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    I just got off the phone with the service manager at the dealership. He finally agreed to order the parts for my truck. I guess bugging him over and over may have helped. He had to remind me that it might ride different. I asked him if it would ride "like a truck". He said that it would. Imagine that, a truck riding like a truck.

2. Jan 17, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    N.GA Taco x3

N.GA Taco x3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    11 Pre DC Sport- 02 Pre DC OR- 12 DCSB 4x4
    Congrats, i've following the thread and you back and forth with the dealer. I'll probably have a similiar fight getting the Rear TSB on my 2011, when i mentioned to the dealer, they seemed reluctant/suspicious. Insisted it must go through rigorous testing to make sure it has the problem. I'm not sure if it does or not exhibit "harsh ride" symptoms since it is new, but to me that sounds like they are setting me up for declining the TSB.

3. Jan 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    ryanr623

ryanr623 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I told my dealer about it, and they said if there is a TSB on it, and its covered under warranty, they will do it. I would use the words unsafe, safety issue, and lawsuit :p

4. Jan 17, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    That's not the right approach. Just mention per the TSB that you are experiencing a harsh ride when loaded and it doesn't feel safe. Don't act like you have a sense of entitlement and try to come to a solution with the dealer.

5. Jan 17, 2011 at 8:24 AM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    The service manager said that even though they didn't do a duplication of any problem, that they were going to do the tsb in good faith. It took a lot of phone calls bugging them.

6. Jan 17, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    ryanr623

ryanr623 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Do you know that smiley faces entail a joke?

7. Jan 17, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    For the specific word "lawsuit" I took it as a joke but some may take the rest of your response as the correct terms to use when describing the issue and I didn't want anyone to be confused with "safety", "unsafe" and "harsh ride". Although I do believe it wouldn't hurt to mention all of the terms except "lawsuit" of course.

Products Discussed in

To Top