1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Spring TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Fire Taco Fighter, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Feb 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    Fire Taco Fighter

Fire Taco Fighter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    trd
    Hello all,
    I am taking in the truck on Friday about the spring TSB..I am not exactly sure what they are going to look for or test for. I do know I had to make a complaint that " it's a harsh ride under a heavy load" before they would even make an appointment.

Any other advice on what I should or should not say would be appreciated.
    I just want to get this done so I dont have any hauling issues in the future.

Thanks for looking
    Otto

2. Feb 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    mike92y

mike92y Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OFF ROAD
    OME all around. SPC UCA. This and that.
    I went into the dealer with the TSB and my registration for the VIN and said it had a harsh ride when loaded. Dude said OK and set it up. They realized they ordered the wrong parts after they had my truck torn apart. I said no problem call me when its done. Dealer called the next day, truck was done. Great service guy. He drove a Ranger on some of the trails I had been on. Bullshited with him for 1/2 hour at the dealership.

3. Feb 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Was in to talk to them about the TSB today, I didnt BS the guy, just told him i had loaded the truck with 5-600lbs and the truck was overloaded maxing out the springs. told him i researched the problem and located a TSB online for the truck and wanted them to look into doing it for me.

after 45 min on what seemed to me to be a slow day at the dealer they came back to tell me my 09 with 31,000 miles didnt meet the 3 year 36k warranty for the springs. i was 3 months past, and the total for the repair would be $1640. i asked if there was anything we could do about the three months. they said no, and told me to call corporate and complain to them.

called corporate from the parking lot after asking the service advisor for the number, they started a file for me and told me to talk to the service manager. walked back into toyota and told them what the lady at corporate just told me. he spent another 20 min "researching" and came back to tell me since i was a loyal customer getting all my services done at their dealership that if corporate didn't call back they would cover the costs and order the parts for me now. 10 days for them to come in and i will get a call when they do.

a little persistence goes a long way! I just stayed with the no BS approach. we'll see when i get them in how it all goes.

also ordering the timbren rubber stop replacement springs to add a little boost as well, picking those up tomorrow. timbren.com

4. Feb 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    positraction127

positraction127 Active Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    I got mine done after I pulled my trailer the first time. It weighs around 4000 pounds loaded, plus I usually have 2-300 pounds of other stuff in the bed. It seemed a little boaty back there and sagged more than I liked. Just told them that I regularly haul and tow and needed the stiffer springs. Once they found the TSB (took them a while) they just said "OK".

5. Feb 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    Fire Taco Fighter

Fire Taco Fighter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    trd
    Toyota called .They are replacing the rear springs and shackles...Will be done in the morning

Thanks everyone
    Otto

6. May 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    jodjr

jodjr Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma V6
    I just had my frame replaced this week. When I stopped in the mechanic told me I was getting new rear springs also. Why is that????

7. May 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |

what???

8. May 1, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    Good351

Good351 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ames, IA
    Vehicle:
    03 4Runner V8
    Frame rust issue with gen 1 trucks. My truck was bought back at 1.5x kbb price..then crushed.

No idea why they are giving new springs..unless those are rusted out too.

9. May 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    MarAgt

MarAgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lugoff, SC
    Vehicle:
    Silver Tacoma TRD
    Any word yet on 2012's?

Products Discussed in

To Top