1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear springs with no lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacoontherock, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Nov 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    tacoontherock

tacoontherock [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD offroad
    Camburg Coilovers,billy 5100 in rear, Blacked out emblems,Satoshi color matched grill, Flowmaster 50, Allpro Apex front and rear bumpers.
    Does anybody make a rear spring that performs like Deavers but does not add any lift. Cant seem to find any. Do i have to have them custom made? I like the way my truck sits now and dont want to lift the rear. Thanx

2. Nov 14, 2009 at 11:45 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Can't Deaver custom make OEM style ones? I'm sure Alcan can make them for you.

3. Nov 14, 2009 at 11:58 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Living the dream !!!

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Accesscab
    TC UCAs, OME 886, Dakar leaf pack, Warn RC9.0 winch, ARB bull bar front bumper, BFG KOs 265/75-R16 (10 Ply) including spare, KC HiD 6" rounds, Raider fiberglass cap, Tule ski and bike racks, steel brake lines, AllPro high-clearance rear bumper (modified to deal with design shortcomings), 4crawler 1" body lift. TRD Supercharger. Pioneer PRS-80 stereo with JVC center console sub and Alpine 5-channel amp and door speakers. TRD Cat-back exhaust. Gel-pack battery. Hi-lift jack.
    Why are you considering a new rear leaf pack? What is your goal/desired outcome? Other then having it sit the same as before.

My guess is that you want a better performing rear leaf that isn't so soft, correct?

Anyway, if you get a stiffer set of leafs that will sit higher as it would 'sag' less then the soft ones you have now.

You could try an add-a-leaf. That would also raise the back a bit.

My suggestion is you get a Dakar/OME or Deaver leaf pack and take out some of the leafs until it's close to what you're looking for.. and then get yourself a couple of sandbags and toss them in the back to attain more or less the same posture as before. Or add a shell/cap?

Basically a vehicle suspension system is just that, a system. And changing/upgrading one component will have an effect on that system - guaranteed.

Well, I am no expert on this issue certainly. Did a lot of extensive research on suspension when I upgraded mine earlier this year.

4. Nov 15, 2009 at 12:30 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    deaver and alcan can do custom leafs, 0" lift to whatever, i have 2" lift deaver 10 pack. i should have gone for more but ohwell. just call them and tell them what you want

To Top