1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear suspension too weak.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Dellosa89, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Dellosa89

Dellosa89 [OP] Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    Its summer now so im hitting up the ocean and lakes on my jetskis. When my truck is fully loaded i have 2 stand ups in my bed and towing 2 seadoos on a trailer. but with all the weight on my rear suspension my truck sits really low in the back for example im less than a inch from the bump stops and the leaf spring are bowing up. i dont think the tsb is the way i want to go. im thinking of putting air bags in the back. should i do the bags, has anyone done this and any recomemdations on what bags to get?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AR_Taco

AR_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville Ar
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4
    3" lift, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N filter, URD short throw shifter, ScangaugeII
    A bigger trailer.

3. Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    yep that would work but i like taking my standups most of the time and i normally take them to this secluded lake where u have to do a good couple miles off roading and there is no way of taking a trailer.

4. Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    i hear deaver packs alot, dont know anything about them but i might be a start

5. Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    yea i had that in mind too i just need to do some more research on them because someone was telling me that deaver leaf packs are not load baring so they are ment for mild desert driving.

6. carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    Why not do the rear leaf tsb? Lot's of people here have done it & are happy with it.--Just curious...:confused:

7. Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    does the TSP help that much more. i just thought adding one more leaf really cant help that much or am i wrong. do u know how much more weight you can carry with the TSP.

8. Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen
    and the TSB actually replaces all your leafs, not just ading one. so yes it would help...and if your in warranty its freeeee

the deaver pack would be no good for you, they are for flex not hauling.
    however the OME leaf pack has a better than stock load rating and is alot cheaper than the deaver pack.

9. SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5
    SOLD!
    If anything you should be looking into the Dakar leaf packs, not the Deavers.

The Dakar's are produced by OME and will increase your load carrying capacity a fair amount over the TSB springs.

10. Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    ok thanks ill take a look at them. yea i had a feeling about the deavers not being good for hauling.

11. Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen
  12. Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    i tried, just think of my comment as a bump

13. Dellosa89

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    hey no problem any advice helps.
    Keason1* thanks for the link, the Dakar's seam perfect for my truck im probably going to get them hopefully in the next week or two.

To Top