1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by yota05, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Jun 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    yota05

yota05 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    thomas
    il
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    k&n replacement flilter
    I have a 05 tacoma 4x4. I was going down the interstate and the rear suspension bottom out when i went over a bumpy over pass at 70 mph.. Is there still a recall for the shocks and leaf springs.. Im new here and not sure if im asking my question right. Thanks thomas

2. Jun 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    There is not a recall at all. And likely you will not get the replacement shocks and springs for free because your truck is 5 years old.

But you can ask the dealership if you want.

3. Jun 20, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    huntingskeetman

huntingskeetman Member

Member:
    Olmsted Falls - Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD Access Cab
    Dealer won't do TSB for rear suspension if you are out of warranty period. I went through same thing last spring with my 06 Access Cab 4x4. I was only 3months out of warranty and a few thousand miles and they still pimped me out of the fix. I just got a Roadmaster Active Suspension unit for rear leafs which I will be putting on this week, along with a set of TRD Bilsteins front and rear that I got off this forum from guy who took his off at low mileage for a lift kit mod.

Good luck - you might consider either the Roadmaster kit or new rear leafs and shocks to solve your problem.

4. Jun 20, 2010 at 1:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Bolded part is not true- YOUR dealer wouldn't- but I know there are folks around here who have good relationships with their dealers who have had it done as a good will gesture after warranty has expired. Which is why it's important to ask the dealerships in your local area.

5. Jun 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM
    huntingskeetman

huntingskeetman Member

Member:
    Olmsted Falls - Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4WD Access Cab
    I've heard of a few exceptions from certain dealers, but it sounds like you could be way out of warranty period. I fought like heck to get mine done, even wrote corporate Toyota and state attorneys consumer office to no avail. I was turned down by the regional service manager, the dealer service manager was nice and wanted to do job but the regional manager wouldn't approve the fix on company. I was told that had I complained while it was under warranty about a suspension problem, then they might have considered doing the TSB repair. I just found out a few months too late about the TSB - my bad luck I guess! LOL maybe you will find a nice dealer.

6. Jun 20, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    yota05

yota05 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    thomas
    il
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    k&n replacement flilter
    thanks for the info

Products Discussed in