1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Tire Gate install on 05+ Tacoma (CBI)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by barlowrs, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Aug 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    barlowrs

barlowrs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    Hmm, maybe I will get an image shack account and try to transfer the pics...I have had a lot of ppl asking for me to fix them, but I dont know how...thanks for the heads up.

2. Aug 12, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Seems the Imageshack ones don't have a tendency to vanish like the PB ones do. I never upload PB ones to threads anymore, only Imageshack and "attachments" through the forum software. If you delete something in your photo host sites, they will vanish from forums they were posted on. (or at least this is what I'm starting to think)

3. Aug 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    barlowrs

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    Allright...pics up and running (just paid 2 bucks for photobucket pro until I can transfer everything to imageshack)

4. Aug 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    Thanks for taking the time to go through the hassle man! And these guys think they've been waiting a long time for the sliders they ordered to show! haha.:cool: How long was the wait again?

5. Aug 12, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    GEARAHOLIC

GEARAHOLIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KELLEN
    PASO ROBLES, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black on Black BEAST
    why are you not willing to talk about costs?

6. Aug 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    barlowrs

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:

Because it is not my place. I apologize, but these things are not mass produced things you can pick up at target, and the cost is dependant on a lot of things (price of steel at time a construction, availability, etc). If I put down a price, and steel has gone up, then there will be someone who will enevidably complain to CBI and request a lower price. It is not my company and in no way do I want to screw them. they make a great product, and its fair that the pricing comes from them, not from me. It is just as easy for someone to email CBI and say "how much" as it is for them to write it in my thread. And as I mentioned before, this thing is modular, so you can add/subtract what options you dont want, so by emailing CBI, you will get a cost that fits what YOU request.

Sorry if you disagree with that, but thats how I feel. I would have gladly paid more for what I got though.

asudevil likes this.
  7. Aug 12, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    barlowrs

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    HAHA, at the time I ordered it, I beleive it took about a 18 weeks, but WELL worth the wait.

For all the ppl that are complaining, good things take time..haha, when you have a man putting his time and sweat into someting, I rather it take a long time and him do a good job than do it fast and crappy. And if you have never done this kind of fab, dont complain, this crap aint easy!

Same with Brian and my sliders, it took multiple weekend trips down to SD (hour drive for me) to get them designed, made and installed. but the end product was WELL worth the wait.

8. Aug 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    mreimann

mreimann Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '15 double cab Limited
    Icon C/O, Fox 2.0, All Pro Expo 2.0 leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, Airflow snorkel, Custom Built Bed Rack, Pelfrey aluminum front bumper and IFS skid, All Pro aluminum rear bumper, SmittyBuilt winch. RTT
    word. i spent a long time waiting for my front bumper, and as soon as i got that,i was ready to wait again for the rear bumper.

their work is incredible, IMO they design top of the line armor for looks and functionality.

9. Feb 2, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    musty40

musty40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR
    Robert,

Quick question, did you go with the powder coating from CBI?

If so are you happy with it or do you wish you went a different route?

Thanks, Alan

10. Feb 2, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    barlowrs

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    No I got it bare metal. All my armor (skids, sliders, front and rear bumber) was painted with black rustolium. This allows me to touch it up easily whenever I need to (the armor gets pretty beat and needs to be touched up a lot). Much easier than powdercoating, though, if you do not intend to beat the crap out of your armor, powdercoating will probably look much better up close.

11. Feb 2, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    musty40

musty40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR
    Good to know.

Might go the PC route as I wouldn't be able to rattle can it till it warms up. Hate to have bare metal sitting in the garage for 2-3 months.

Really like your truck and the attention to detail you have.

Alan

12. Feb 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    barlowrs

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Thanks...I acutally used the brush on Rustolium, it would have taken a LOT of cans of paint to cover the bumper...good luck

13. Feb 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    uuuuuuuuughh I just jizzed in my pants lookin at your bumper yo. :rofl:

Products Discussed in

To Top