1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear TSB done on 5lugger

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jb9281, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Dec 11, 2008 at 6:23 AM
    jb9281

jb9281 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab SR5
    15" Borbett Alloy Wheels, Chrome tool box, Door lock beeper mod, AFE Dry air filter, HD Radio,
    I just had the rear tsb done on my 2007 access cab sr5 2wd non-prerunner truck yesterday. What a difference it has made. Rides a little firmer without the Cadallic bounce after you hit a small bump. I went to the local dealer and complained about the "harsh" ride when loaded and he order the parts from the tsb and installed them on the rear. The front coilover shocks would not fit, so he did not do anything to the front. I pointed out to them that the rear springs were mounted on the bottom of my axle instead of the top of the axle like the tsb showed. He said that all tacoma springs would fit any tacoma on the top of axle or under. Now i need to test it out with a load, but i am sure it will be a lot better.

2. Dec 11, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    hashemg

hashemg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Black Reg Cab 4x4
    3" Lift, Camburg Coil-Overs and UCA, 3" All Pro Leafs and OME rear shock, 33X12.5R17 Mickey Thompson on teflon coated American racing rims, Black headlight mod, Black taillight mod, tourneau cover, cargo divider, door sil protecors.
    Wow that good that he did it...i thought only access and double cab 4x4 and prerunners were eligiable.

Nice Score

jb9281: 1
    Dealership: 0

3. Dec 11, 2008 at 8:57 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    I just called the dealership and tried the same angle, but he didnt know what i was talking about :/

4. Dec 11, 2008 at 9:42 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    did they mount the new rear springs above or below the rear axle?

5. Dec 11, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    jb9281

jb9281 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab SR5
    15" Borbett Alloy Wheels, Chrome tool box, Door lock beeper mod, AFE Dry air filter, HD Radio,
    They mounted the springs in the correct place for my truck, under the axle

6. Dec 12, 2008 at 1:37 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Nope....all access cabs and double cabs are eligible, new TSB does not specify 4x4 or prerunner.
    :D
    The old TSB SU006-07 specified 05-07 Prerunner and 4x4 Tacos except Regular Cab, the update TSB 0305-08 reads all Double Cab and Access Cab Tacos.
    My opinion is they messed up the wording on the update and didn't intend to include 5 luggers, because as the OP noted the parts per TSB do not fit. I'd think if a 5 Lug access cab was eligible then why not a reg cab, don't they have the same suspension?

How about some pics of this access cab w/TSB? I'd like to see how it stands now.

Products Discussed in

To Top