1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear view mirror wiring help needed

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Grable, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Mar 13, 2018 at 10:21 AM
    Grable

Grable [OP] 2010 TRD OR 6spd 4x4 DBL CAB

Member:
    Clovis, Ca 93612
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab Silver TRD Off Road 4x4 6 speed manual
    so the basics of this are that i am replacing my auto dimming mirror with backup camera and microphone (which currently has a 14 pin harness) out of my 2010 dcsb 6spd trd off road with jbl.............
    with an auto dimming mirror with homelink (no backup camera or microphone) for the sole purpose of having garage door openers for the gate to my complex and my garage.

i have an aftermarket head unit that takes care of the microphone part (since the oem mic on the mirror only works with the stock head unit due to amplified issues) and i have spliced into the backup camera wire so i have it on both my head unit display and the mirror.

THE PROBLEM: is that when i take off the mirror with the backup camera and put the truck in reverse, i get no display on the head unit. i am pretty sure i can just jump the 7 and 14 pins together (i believe they are the backup camera positive) and the 6 and 13 pins together (i believe they are the backup camera negative) and it SHOULD solve this issue. but im wondering if anyone else has ever come across this and or if they have a better solution than t-tapping) into a bunch of wires.

i have looked online and i can find a ton of pigtails for the gentex/ toyota mirror harness, but i cant seem to find a 14 pin version (gotta love that stupid JBL upgrade *sarcasm)

IMG_3654.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top