1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reasonable price for this truck?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Toyota Tacoma, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Jun 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Im selling my truck and was just wanting some opinions about the price. Iv got it listed for 8900, It does need a few things and it does have 186xxx miles which is why the price is low-ish.

2000 toyota tacoma trd off road 5 speed. No rust, its in great shape, motor runs strong. Does not burn or leak a drop of oil. Just had full inspection. Has a 6 inch pro-comp lift kit and 35 inch all terrain / mud terrain tires (50 % tread) with 4:10 gearing. Power windows and locks, A/C blows nice and cold. Spray in bed liner, stainless steal bed rails, and a rubber bed mat. Custom rear bumper with 2 flood lights and led plate lights. (also have stock rear bumper) Oil/filter changed 20 miles ago. No rust or bondo, stereo has four 6.5'' alpine component speakers, 2 tweeters on columns, two 10'' kicker cvr's with a 1100 watt kenwood amp all hooked up to a double din 7'' jvc touch screen lcd with built in dvd player, ipod hook up etc. Custom aluminum low pro dry box.

The new

- Battery with 9 year free replacement warranty
    - Windshield and wipers
    - Full pro comp shocks / struts and ome 882 springs
    - U joints
    - Clutch, throwout bearing, master and slave cylinder
    - 2004 model tailights
    - Billet grille
    - Inner tie rods
    - Cold air intake
    - Cat back exhaust with 3'' Gibson tip
    - Front/rear brakes and system bleed
    - Front/rear diff oil changed
    - Axle seals
    - Extended Diff Breather
    - Tailgate cables
    - Trailer wiring/harness
    - 15'' eagle alloys
    - spark plugs
    - air filter
    - prerunner style front bumper ( not shown in pictures )

The bad

Couple dents and scratches on tailgate from when rusty tailgate cables snapped and the tailgate hit the bumper. Needs a new pinion bearing. Couple cosmetic dings on the interior. Nees a bit of TLC, havent had time for it lately.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do you guys think that is a reasonable price? ( keep in mind I am in canada so the price for these trucks it quite a bit higher )

2. Jun 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    mjohn617

mjohn617 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Petaluma, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC TRD sprt silver
    Haha...not doing it...can't make me!
    I don't know but I like!

3. Jun 10, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    bicklebok

bicklebok Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Montgomery, AL
    Vehicle:
    2000 Xtra Cab 4x4 SR5
    Very nice truck! Although Tacoma's are bringing a good prices, despite the economy, I dont think you could get that much in this part of the country. I have no idea about Canada pricing. I will say this though-people arent usually willing to pay what you paid for the modifications. Around here, that's just an expense the seller had to make the truck the way he wanted, but doesnt add that much value to the truck.
    That thing sure is a beauty!

4. Jun 10, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    JeffsJeep04

JeffsJeep04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Premium 6MT
    I'd have gladly paid that for a stock version of that truck. With the 35's and 4.10 gears, I wouldn't go near it. That's a ton of strain on everything. I'm not big on buying heavily modified vehicles though, too much of a question mark IMHO. Nice looking truck though.

GQ7227 likes this.
  5. Jun 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    JaSkynyrd

JaSkynyrd Ron F. Swanson

Member:
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2001 XtraCab 4x4 V6 SR5
    Same deal with me, I see no added value with modifications, if extensive enough I even look at it as a negative. It just makes me think as a buyer "This guy sure has done alot to his truck, what has he done that I can't see and how do I know he did everything correctly?" But at the same time, there are definitely people out there that want a lifted truck with big tires but don't want to do the work or pay some one else to do it for them, so they are looking for a truck just like yours to buy.

Just looking at your truck I think it look absolutely badass but I couldn't buy it for myself, I would drop your price by a thousand or so and haggle from there.

6. Jun 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM
    Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Yea I see where you guys are coming from.

Im actually selling this to get a stock 2001-2004 tacoma with less miles and just do small upgrades.

BTW anyone have one for sale ? :p

7. Jun 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
  8. Jun 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM
    JaSkynyrd

JaSkynyrd Ron F. Swanson

Member:
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2001 XtraCab 4x4 V6 SR5
    I'm glad I built in an out for myself saying someone is probably looking for a truck just like yours...man am I friggin brilliant:D

That new truck looks like a pretty good starting point, I may be partial to that body style and color though...

Products Discussed in

To Top