1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recall . . . is anyone pulling their floor mats?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 60driver, Dec 21, 2009.

?

Pulling your floor mats?

Poll closed Jan 20, 2010.
  1. Floormats stay in

242 vote(s)
    92.7%
  2. Floormats come out

19 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Dec 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    mine have never moved with the hooks and i ordered some weathertechs last week so problem solved

2. Dec 21, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    They "stay in" for me. I've used them for four years and never once any problems. The recall is B.S. I've tried to get the pedal to stick--Ain't happening. [​IMG]

3. Dec 21, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    MsTRD

MsTRD hell yes i love my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 White Prerunner TRD Sport
    i think the recall is a bunch of bullshit.

4. Dec 21, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Weathertechs.

Even if the pedal could get stuck on them, I wouldn't be freaking out. I know how to stop a vehicle with a stuck accelerator. It's not that hard.

I'll get the recall done when it comes out...ASSUMING it's not something ridiculous that completely dicks up the ergonomics.

5. Dec 21, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    clips in and no problems........they stay in!

6. Dec 21, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    elliott.estes

elliott.estes Well-Known Member

Member:
    sacramento
    Vehicle:
    07 Black DC TRD Sport
    In Dash Avic-D3 / Blacked out headlights / Satoshi Grille / OME 90000 Front Shocks/ OME n182 Rear Shocks / OME 885 Coils / AAL with TSB's / 10MM lift Enhancer Kit / Light Racing UCA's / BFG AT KO's (285x70x17's) / Procomp 7089 Rims
    Mine are staying in as well, no problems here

7. Dec 21, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    Raven65

Raven65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camden, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Gray Reg Cab 5-Lug
    Curt hitch, D-rings, bed mat
    Yep... I've got the same mats in my '09 - installed properly with the clips just like these are. See that cut-out area under the pedal? When you push the pedal to the floor, it doesn't come anywhere near the mat.

Screw them... they're not cutting up my pedal or removing padding from under my carpeting. It's fine just the way it is. If the throttle ever does stick open for whatever reason, I have enough sense to push the clutch in and switch the ignition off. It's not a problem. This ridiculous recall is simply to save idiots who can't properly install floor mats from themselves and for Toyota to cover their @ss from ambulance-chasing lawyers who represent idiots who can't install floor mats properly. It's just that simple.

So... if someone gets the recall done and has their pedal cut off - and then decide they want to stack five sets of mats on top of each other - and the pedal STILL gets stuck and they crash, can they still sue Toyota? The original "problem" was really no different: all-weather mats installed on top of the carpeted mats (as the instructions CLEARLY said NOT to do) or installed without the retaining clips (as the instructions CLEARLY said NOT to do).

Idiots and lawyers... this is why our country is so freakin' screwed up. :mad:

8. Dec 21, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    Exactly... "For the idiots, by the idiots." Doesn't it say that on the Dec. Of Independence? :rolleyes:

9. Dec 21, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Running the Niffty all weather on top of the stock TRD carpet mats and see no problems with pedal clearance???

10. Dec 21, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    Slotback

Slotback Triple Option

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    I put in some aftermarket floormats. Not that I was worried to begin with.

11. Dec 21, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
    Mats are in with clear covers, both staying put.

12. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    Raven65

Raven65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camden, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Gray Reg Cab 5-Lug
    Curt hitch, D-rings, bed mat
    Are you asking or telling?

Without the clips holding the all-weather mat in place, it could potentially get shoved forward too far and might interfere with the pedal.

Then again... it may still be too low to cause a problem. Shove it as far as it'll go... maybe even force it forward so that it bunches up a little - and then push your pedal down and see if you have a problem.

Might be a good idea to remove the carpet mat and clip the all-weather mat in place properly just to be sure. Not really much point in having them under there anyway.

13. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma PreRunner DC with TSS Package
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light
    Have not had a problem yet. Will keep them in.

14. Dec 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I guess I'm telling??
    Clips grab both mats and have had no problems with the Nifty mats trying to fold and move forward. Had both in for almost 2 years, so not a problem in my opinion. By the way the carpet is spotless under the mats. ;)

15. Dec 22, 2009 at 12:51 AM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    Mine are staying in. I even have those Wall Mart heavy duty rubber mats on top of them and never had a problem with my gas peddle getting stuck.

16. Dec 22, 2009 at 3:44 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Ummmm...."For the idiots, by the idiots." would be in the declaration of dependence. Declaration of Independence is for people who are able to think on their own, react productively, act responsibly, have consideration for others that show consideration for others, can wipe their own ass, don't blame others for their own failures & don't go over cliffs because of fucking floor mats.:D

17. Dec 22, 2009 at 5:32 AM
    60driver

60driver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Sport 4x4 Tim Mica
    Illum 4x4 switch, 20" LED bar in lower grill, LED in scoop, aux fuse box, avid light bar and 'sliders'
    just ordered the weathertechs, last minute xmas present to myself

18. Dec 22, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    jward2331

jward2331 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fleming Island, Fl
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged, tinted windows, upper/lower Grillcraft (horns relocated), Hella 500's with HID Mod (55W 5000) behind grill, shorty antenna, WeatherTech side window deflectors, suspension TSB, Westin Signature Nerf bars, JVC KD A-615 Head Unit with Sirius Direct tuner, Blacked out headlights, DTDL Mod (Switch for on/off), Hard Wired GPS, NOKYA Arctic Hyper Yellow Fog lights, Fog lights on anytime Mod, Michelin LTX M/S2 (P265/65R17), Powder coated OEM wheels. LED ANZO tail lights, Weather Tech FloorLiners.
    I put the Toyota "All Weather" mats back in using the supplied clips after the "recall" came out. I had a set aftermarket cheap Harley-Davidson mats someone gave me as a gift for about a year. They were flimsy and already falling apart so it made sence to me to put the OEM ones back in. Don't understand how the hell they would get under the accelerator pedal if the are clipped in. Just my 2 cents...:confused:

19. Dec 22, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    BAT24

BAT24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    I took my factory ones out and installed weathertechs. As for the recall I think there is actually a problem somewhere with the drive by wire and this recall is giving Toyota some extra time to try and sort it out. The NHTSA has a press release that Toyota is installing a brake override system in the Camry and the Lexus models as well. There is obviously more to it then just floormats, I know there are stupid people out there but the guy who died in California was an Off Duty CHP officer. Most Police officers I know are pretty good drivers, I am just saying to me it looks like more than just floormats.

20. Dec 22, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Agree with ^^^^thinking the sensor on the pedal or somewhere along the wire harness route shorted causing the throttle body to go to full open???

Products Discussed in

To Top