1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recall . . . is anyone pulling their floor mats?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 60driver, Dec 21, 2009.

?

Pulling your floor mats?

Poll closed Jan 20, 2010.
  1. Floormats stay in

242 vote(s)
    92.7%
  2. Floormats come out

19 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Dec 22, 2009 at 7:32 AM
    calicoupe

calicoupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    stay in.....lets bring the production back to JPN!

2. Dec 22, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    tacopuppy

tacopuppy Well-Known Member

Member:
    I disagree it is BS. during normal driving my all-wx factory mats had to come out back in early 2008 because the mat somehow got on top of the pedal and mashed it down to floor. I had uncontrolled max acceleration, but luckily no one was around me in north vegas. Fortunately I had some self-control with clear thinking and turned off the ignition--i was fine. The guy in the Lexus in california should've done the same thing (turn off ignition) because he and his family might still be alive today.

3. Dec 22, 2009 at 11:19 AM
    Twirlin

Twirlin Nature just gets the blow-by

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Mag Grey
    honestly, just get WeatherTech's Digital Fit. It's the best money you will spend on your truck. Perfect fit, perfect product. Will last forever. I almost feel like guaranteeing it myself.

4. Dec 22, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    Well, I used to pull out, but now that I'm married I stay in:D

5. Dec 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front

Not trying to stir it up but looking at the picture along with your post, and my own truck, how did the mat get on top of your gas pedal during normal driving? Had you taken the mats out and forgot to properly reinstall, not the right model of mat, or had the hook broken?
    If any of those were the case it's like failing to look behind your vehicle before backing out over the kid’s tricycle, or worse! Not the mats fault at all.
    Have to agree about the patrolman and family as can't believe with time behind the wheel he didn't pop it into N or turn it off???

6. Dec 22, 2009 at 11:42 AM
    USNROBERTS

USNROBERTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PRERUNNER SR5 TRD SPORT
    Yes. I recommend sending your weathertechs to me and over the next several years I will test them to ensure the gas pedal does not become stuck. Your safety is my utmost priority!

7. Dec 22, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    TurfTaco

TurfTaco Is there a long john silvers on the island?

Member:
    URE
    Vehicle:
    07 Deer Collector
    285/75-16 BFG KM1's, AVS vent visors, AVS hood shield, pioneer avic F900BT, pac steering wheel control adapter, Boyo rearview camera, pac ipod interface, tinted windows, Toytec 1.5 AAL, Bistein 5100s (front set to .85) Eibach coils, Black headlights, grillcraft black billet insert, N-fab light bar, 4 Hella FF700 lights & color matched grille, Sockmonkey bedside decals. 16x8 MT sidebiters, Weathertechs, Fabtech spare carrier.
    I have had the same mats for 3 years with no problems. I do not have the hook though. Wonder why? I bought the truck new.

8. Dec 22, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Bet you let some Paratroopers from the 82nd use the truck. LOL

Nice gift!

9. Dec 22, 2009 at 1:57 PM
    Neked09

Neked09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2017 4X4 Off-Road
    Picked up truck.
    Drove home.
    Installed Weathertechs.
    USED the clips (was a BISH to get the clips hooked in).
    NO PROBLEMS.

I had a BMW 5 series for years. Wife had it detailed at local place.
    When I was driving on the freeway 3 days later the car kept speeding up (more than normal for me). I shut it down and stopped it on the shoulder and spent 10 minutes looking for why. I pulled the mats and the BROKEN clips out and drove straight to the detail shop. Manager had the mats and clips replaced at BMW for me. If this happens DO NOT PANIC. a coasting vehicle is harder to drive but you can do it if you stay calm and just drive.

And F:censored:em they are NOT cutting anything in my truck.

10. Dec 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM
    h2o's taco

h2o's taco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurtis
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD off road 4X4
    Undercover tonneau cover, Westin side steps w/ Line X coating, MANY more to come.
    I have had my truck for two and a half months now and haven't had any problems with the floor mats. I had the TRD floor mats and put in the weathertech mats for the winter. They also came with holes for the clips and I have not had problems with either of them.

11. Dec 23, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    tacopuppy

tacopuppy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brother, I wish I knew why it happened. Right, looking at the pictures and your truck, and hell even my own truck I really was perplexed. All I know is that it did happen, and it came close to happening on other occassions before I finally took them out. Somehow, the bottom portion of that pedal got stuck under the mat. After turning off the truck I had to physically bend down there and unstuck the damn thing. I bought the proper mats from the dealer and had them installed on the clips. From my own experience I now know why Toyota is not selling those mats anymore at dealerships.

12. Dec 23, 2009 at 12:18 PM
    Raven65

Raven65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camden, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Gray Reg Cab 5-Lug
    Curt hitch, D-rings, bed mat
    So, let me get this straight. Somehow your mat came off of BOTH clips, slid forward, and somehow ended up on TOP of your pedal without you knowing anything about it?!?!?

Wow... that's hard to believe. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I sure can't imagine how it would. Do you have any enemies who might be trying to take you out? ;)

13. Dec 23, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    dmac11

dmac11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    '06 2x4 AC
    Upgraded Head Unit w/Aux jack : De-Badged : Black Emblem : x-runner Rims : Seat Covers : Optima Battery : AC Inverter (aftermarket) : Full time 12v : Weather Tech Front Mats : Scanguage
  14. Dec 23, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    10taco

10taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '23 4X4 DCSB V6 AT SR5/SX MGM
    ...Right before I take it to the dealership.....SO THEY WONT!:eek:

15. Dec 23, 2009 at 2:53 PM
    madisonsfinest

madisonsfinest Addicted to my DSLR

Member:
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC OffRoad 4x4 Debaged
    Factory Roof Rack Avid Offroad Light Bar 16" XD Hoss Truxedo LoPro QT Window Tint Autobot Emblem w/Autobot Shifter Color Matched Grille
    Weathertech floor liners came in today. Installed and I don't see any problem effecting the gas or brake pedals. They fit in real nice.

16. Dec 23, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    Sailor

Sailor New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Greensburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Access Cab TRD Off Road
    My new Tacoma has factory installed wire ties looped thru the floor mat holes and the seat frame. Seems, like a back yard mechanic's fix!! I do not believe that floor mats are causing the run away problems that Toyota is having. A recent LA Times article had a long article about the problem, they feel it is a software problem with the electronic throttle.

17. Dec 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    rex99

rex99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    My weathertechs are'nt going anywhere-- as far as the TRD mats getting on top of the accelerator (and this is just a guess), but wouldn't the pedal have to be ALL THE WAY DOWN to the floor??

18. Dec 23, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    09TRDSpt

09TRDSpt African Light Infantry

Member:
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    Same thing for me, pull off in the parking area toss mat under tonneau and drive into service :).

19. Dec 23, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    X1

20. Dec 24, 2009 at 5:20 AM
    07speedwayblue

07speedwayblue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07tacoma sport 4x4 doublecab
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
    I really didn`t remove them because of the recall, I removed them because I upgraded to front/rear husky floor liners.

Products Discussed in

To Top