1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendation for Baja racing front/Rear LT kit

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by TacoBaja55, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Feb 25, 2018 at 1:36 PM
    TacoBaja55

TacoBaja55 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mhmd
    Vehicle:
    LSX 2nd Gen Tacoma
    LSX engine (480 Whp)
    Hi all, Am new here and this is my first post, hope to find help and direction from you guys since am new to the off-road sport and baja racing.

Well I had bought a 2nd gen (2007) prerunner Tacoma for a very good price since the v6 engine was damaged, and am planning to install front/rear LT kits, the taco will be used for desert trips and baja racing, so it will be abused and heavily driven, am going to use LSx engine that I already have from older project (480whp) with 4l80e transmission, still didn't fit the engine or trany yet, but am pretty sure it will not be that hard to do cuz I have fitted many engines to different cars before, anyhow, what recommendations and choices I have for front/rear LT kits that will be up to the task? I have been reading a lot here and there, but no real recommendations, as I have noticed that LT kits are not cheap, so I have a good budget for this (but not extreme) I still want it to be reasonable, as am hoping to have rear 4 or 3 link system without sacrificing the rear chassis part and bed, am not worrying about fuel tank, since I have big fuel safe cell.

Forgot to say that the engine got Iron block, so there will be more weight than the stock v6 engine.

So please guys take it easy on me and please advice me since am newbie to LT kits :)

Thanks in advance.

2. Feb 25, 2018 at 1:38 PM
    TacoBaja55

Member:
    First Name:
    Mhmd
    Vehicle:
    LSX 2nd Gen Tacoma
    LSX engine (480 Whp)
    One more thing, I wish to run 38" tires as well, so the LT kit should support the size :)

3. Feb 25, 2018 at 1:57 PM
    Anthony250

Anthony250 Ex Fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Rialto CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    LSK Race Kit, King Shocks, Methods, Glassworks, Baja Designs, Built by myself.
    If you plan on going as hard as you say with a link rear setup, I don't recommend those standard 3.5" over bolt on kits since they only net 14" of travel. I recommend a race style kit that comes with a fabricated spindle. The only kits that come to mind are Lsk kit , which currently there is a wilder race kit in the design works. Its going to look just like this newer tundra kit we finished. Ill post a link below. You can email lsksuspension@gmail.com and they can answer any questions you need. Solo motorsports also has a race kit. That's the only two I know of currently that are really hard core and more travel numbers use big shocks. 38" tires is not that common. Best to use a 17" wheel with a common 37" tire 35's tires are more common. Only down size with size a large tire is your going to need a lot of cutting and clearancing. I have built many offroad prerunners and with 37" tire size its quite a task. You also need to beef up everything.

https://www.lsksuspension.com/product-page/07-tundra-race-kit-lsk1106
    [​IMG]

4. Feb 26, 2018 at 12:48 AM
    Dalandser

Dalandser ¡Me Gustan Las Tacos-mas!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Regular Cab / 98 4x4 Extra Cab
    Empty Wallet Mod
  5. Feb 26, 2018 at 12:57 AM
    TacoBaja55

Member:
    First Name:
    Mhmd
    Vehicle:
    LSX 2nd Gen Tacoma
    LSX engine (480 Whp)
  6. Feb 26, 2018 at 1:49 AM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
    You came in here looking for "kits" for racing, talk about racing without "sacrificing" your lovely rear c channel frame and your bed, and put reasonable and racing in the same question... That's kind of the equivalent of someone asking what shoes they should buy and what summer camp they should go to, to play in the NBA... pardon my not understanding your baseline level of understanding. :)

7. Feb 26, 2018 at 2:17 AM
    TacoBaja55

Member:
    First Name:
    Mhmd
    Vehicle:
    LSX 2nd Gen Tacoma
    LSX engine (480 Whp)
    No dear I fully understand :) , I want to do a roll cage inside the cockpit, just like any other racing vehicle (drift/drag) am not going to do a trophy truck here, this is maybe what you miss understood, I have seen some photos for trucks that still have bed and chassis, but couldnt find what brands of lt kits they have.

As I said in my first post am still new and still learning so I appreciate positive advice and recommendations for what I have.

The truck will not be daily drive, but there some regulations in my country that i should follow :)

8. Feb 26, 2018 at 5:41 AM
    Dalandser

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Downey
    Vehicle:
    Empty Wallet Mod
    Race classes will tell you which modification allowances there are for vehicles allowed to race in their class. If you can get us a list of requirements from the circuit you plan on racing in we could recommend parts to use that won't disqualify you at tech inspection. For instance some classes here in America won't let you race with extended control arms or arms that are mounted in different positions from their stock location. This is the problem I see so far - without more specific information, there's not much to tell you. There's stock series race race classes where the bed and frame would be kept, but longer control arms and a link setup would disqualify you from racing in them. Once control arms are allowed to be modified you won't see many vehicles that keep the bed and that don't have a full cage from front to back that are tied into their suspension and are made from specific diameter and thickness materials that are joined in such a way as the race class requires.

Do you really want to race or just go fast and beat your friends at a friendly drag down the local course? If it's the latter it's no problem to keep you informed with the best performing products for our trucks. If it's an actual racing circuit you want to compete in, then put the specifications for that circuit and we can help you that way, too. That's why I put a copy of the restrictions from a local circuit you might want to race in as an example of the kinds of requirements to be mindful of when racing a desert vehicle before I read that you were from another country. If you do want to race in big time races like the Baja then I'd suggest looking at the circuit classes and picking which one fits your budget and plans for the vehicle. Then we can help you a lot more than just throwing out parts we think are great but we can't afford lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  9. Feb 26, 2018 at 5:43 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
  10. Feb 26, 2018 at 5:46 AM
    PapaBear

PapaBear Never test how deep the water is with both feet.

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    SIN CITY
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB PR 4.0... Aaaand she’s GONE
    Soft Suspension Hard Rubber ®
    Dalandser and ChadsPride[QUOTED] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top