1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recovered an F-150..with an ATV

Discussion in 'Recovery' started by goldentaco03, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Nov 9, 2020 at 12:09 PM
    goldentaco03

goldentaco03 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Liam
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma Xtra Cab 4x4 SR5
    3in lift (Bilstein 5100, AAL), Bull Bar with halogen Hella Fogs and High Beams
    Theres a ditch at the top of my driveway that's made out of a bunch of big jagged boulders, and it's hard to navigate around when there's other cars parked. It's about 2 feet deep on the high side. Long story short, it's been known to swallow an axle or two. Today a brand new F-150 got stuck in there, and unfortunately my truck was blocked in so I couldn't get out to give him a pull.

First things first I grabbed a floor jack and jacked up the passenger side frame as far back as I could. That lifted the axle off of the boulder so I could get some rocks under the tire and prevent the axle from dragging anymore, then I stacked a bunch more rocks in front of the tire to create a bit of a ramp. Hooked some straps to the front of the truck and to the ATV and threw some weight over them incase one of the hooks came loose. Gave it a pull with the ATV and he gave the truck some gas and it came right out (he accidentally left the ebrake on too lol). Last truck that got stuck here was a brand new 3rd gen Tacoma, it seems it's always people with new cars/trucks that don't quite know how to maneuver them yet. I guess watching Matt's Offroad Recovery videos when I'm bored at work pays off...

Enjoy the pictures
    IMG_8599.jpg
    After I jacked it up and stacked rocks

IMG_8600.jpg
    Skid marks from the ebrake being left on...

IMG_8601.jpg
    The aftermath with a couple rocks left over...

2. Nov 9, 2020 at 1:52 PM
    Thunder Fist

Thunder Fist Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM TRD OR DCSB
    Like, so many.
    Good man, helping out.

Products Discussed in