1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Red Light Cameras ticket for rolling stops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Evil Monkey, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Oct 27, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Just a warning, those red light cameras may take video, not just snapshots including shots of right turns (rolling stops). My stepson just got a ticket for a rolling stop (right turn) by a red light camera at the corner of Pomerado Road and Ted Williams Parkway (for those in the area).

They sent him two pictures in the mail which showed his speed (15mph in the two shots). He was certain he stopped. I told him he should try and go to court saying that he believes he stopped. Turns out the camera has a video recorder in it, which they then showed in court (turns out he didn't). The one upside is the judge reduced his fine significantly.

Products Discussed in

To Top