1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Red Lobster-Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by neontrail, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Nov 2, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    neontrail

neontrail [OP] ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    (One note, I doubled the recipe, so the pictures show twice as much stuff as what I’m telling you.)

Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a cooking sheet with nonstick spray.
    Dump into a bowl: 2 cups of buttermilk biscuit mix (like Bisquick or Jiffy mix), 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
    [​IMG]
    Stir everything together.
    [​IMG]
    Pour in about 2/3 cups of milk. Stir until combined.
    [​IMG]
    It gets pretty thick, and you can add a little more milk if you need to. But don’t add too much, otherwise it’ll get really sticky. See how my spoon is standing up straight by itself? I decided it would be easier to doff my rings…

OK, now wash your hands and use the two-spoon method to drop lumps of the dough onto your cookie sheet.
    [​IMG]
    Don’t they look nice, all lined up ready to be baked?
    [​IMG]
    Stick them in the oven and set the timer to 10 minutes. Now, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and stir in 2 teaspoons of oregano and 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
    [​IMG]
    When the timer goes off (10 minutes, remember?) brush some of the butter mixture over each biscuit. Then, pop them back into the oven for another 5-6 minutes.
    [​IMG]
    Or until they’re lightly browned. If you’d like, you can brush them with the garlic-herb butter again and let it soak in before you serve them.
    [​IMG]
    If you’re having people over, you’d better double the recipe. These will get snatched up like hotcakes. Or, you know, like… cheesy garlic biscuits.

ENJOY TW

Gtazz67 likes this.
  2. Nov 2, 2008 at 7:05 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    This will be awesome when i go lobster fishing and get me a couple lobster tails!! I hate you cause i have gained so much wieght from all your recipes!

Products Discussed in

To Top