1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Redbox or netflix or other

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by coffeesnob, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    What do you all use to rent movies? I like redbox because sometimes me and or the wife and I are in mood for a certain type of movie and you can go online and reserve it at a redbox and get back home with it quickly plus you know what is in stock already. You have to plan a little with netflix. I do get tried of people at some redbox's who take forever........to look at the movies. Got behind a guy yesterday and he couldn't read or something and i probably waited 10 minutes for him. I already had mine reserved and I think he wondered how I did it so fast. I think hollywood video and blockbuster are becoming a thing of the past.

2. Aug 8, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Both, use the red box every once in a while. I have netflix and also have netflix on the Wii so I can watch whatever they have on the instant play list too.

3. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Netflix...............................my stock will just keep going up!

4. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM
    USFCON

USFCON Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Melbourne, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 Off Road
    FLM URD Short Shifter Debadged Gate 4 D-ring add on Weathertech floor mats Sport Wheel Swap Color matched Grill Bed lights Air freshner mod AAL Bilstein x 4 Tacolean Spacer Tins Bike Fork Mount Sexy Tires Blacked out Valence
    Netflix bluray in the mail and stream through my PS3. Redbox on occasion.

5. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    RMTacoguy30

RMTacoguy30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Murrells Inlet, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 DC Prerunner Sport TRD
    EGR in channel Vent Visors, Flowmaster American Thunder Dual Exhaust, Thule ToolBox, AFE Pro Dry Drop In Air Filter, Weathertech Floorliners, TC UCA's, Camburg Spindles, AllPro 3" rear.
    Netflix... And I use Netflix instant on my PS3 and LG Bluray DVD player. I have a couple of friends that had bad experiences with getting scratched up DVD's from Red Box so I've never tried it.

6. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Redbox. Used to do Netflix, but after a while the post office would keep changing our mailman and we wouldn't get the movies, or anything else. I don't think I can do the instant thing with my slow a$$ dial up.:(

7. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM
    Taco's for All

Taco's for All Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake George, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab
    Nothing at the moment
    Red box every now and again because it's about 500 yards from the house. Although it's not on the list, I've got whatever the package is that Blockbuster has. I get 3 movies at a time, plus I get unlimited in store exchanges so if I don't want to wait, I can just take a movie back there and get a new one. If I ever upgrade my TiVo box, I can also get blockbuster on demand where it will stream to the TiVo box.

8. Aug 8, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd

how is the streaming through the ps3?

9. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    Primersinmyshoe

Primersinmyshoe Old Sheepdog

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited MGM
    None (yet)
    Blockbuster.

I get 3 movies out at a time. They come in the mail, go back in the mail. Quick shipping from a local distribution point. Just gotta keep my queue loaded with movies as some are on a waiting list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top