1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reg. Cab Subwoofer Mounting Options

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BluTaco08, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jul 26, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    BluTaco08

BluTaco08 [OP] I LiKe TaCos

Member:
    So, I've got my components in and my head unit (Alpine iDA-X200) and waiting for two more 6.5's to put in the rear. Now I'm looking at mounting options for a sub. This is the thing...everyone I've asked about it says that only a shallow mount sub will properly be able to fit behind the seat in a shallow mount box. I understand that but I've got a 10inch JL and a 12inch JL that are not shallow mount and I'm thinking there must be some way to mount a sub with regular average mounting depth without going down the shallow mount route. It would save me so much money as I'm about to drop a hefty amount of cash on a 5-channel amp. Anybody have any suggestions ? Is it possible ? Pictures would really help me out. Thanks guys.

2. Jul 26, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    just depends on what you are willing to sacrifice to get that deeper sub in an enclosure. Can you get a normal sub to fit? Sure...but what are you wiling to give up to get it?

If you need all your space for your seats to move back...you'll be losing leg room. If you don't, then you'll be giving up space behind the seat due to the deeper enclosure to house the normal sub.

3. Jul 28, 2009 at 3:21 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I was able to get a 10" Rockford behind the seat of an '82 regular cab. The seat had to be fully forward, and it barely wedged in there. I'm not saying it sounded good, but it worked.

4. Jul 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    militaco

militaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab, '99 Regular Cab
    Sorry no pic, but i was able to get a 10" JL into a ported box and not give up any leg room for my '99 regular cab.....i got it professionally installed and they had to remove the jack and take up the whole back, but it slams pretty hard.

Products Discussed in

To Top