1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Regrets?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by UGAspeed, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Aug 10, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    Actually...

My 2010 F-150 XLT Scab was less out the door than my 2010 Tacoma SR5. Five grand less.

In fair disclosure...the F-150 was a 4x2 and the Tacoma is a 4x4. But the Ford was a 4.6 V8 with a 6-speed auto. And the Ford also had more features (18" wheels w/ Michelin's, blue-tooth, SYNC, entry key pad, etc)

But I'm still stoked about the Tacoma. Love it!!

2. Oct 22, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    scoob710

scoob710 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    austin
    Round Rock Tx
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4 Longbed
    2011 4x4 4d long bed trd sport.

I didnt buy my truck for trade in bragging rights, and i damn sure didnt buy it for trade-in value. Im a flag rate mechanic and over the past few years I know when a Tacoma comes in, im not gonna make shit off of it because theres damn near nothing that needs to be done to em. I bought my truck because its the most brilliantly designed vehicle for someone who intends to do their own work. I'll put my truck payment on the line to say when the day comes that i do need to rebuild my front end, i can do it in my driveway after sleeping in and be done before lunch. I could swap a radiator faster than i can fill one up, and i can do an oil change on a smoke break. I plan to drive my truck until it wont go anymore and i can fit a family in it when that day comes.

Someone PLEASE make any of the same arguments for any other make and model and I'll be happy to fill your argument full of holes.

3. Oct 22, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    Gaunt596

Gaunt596 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Central Maryland
    only regret is not getting an access cab. i have a double cab long bed and just dont need the space of the double cab, but i definatly need the long bed

4. Oct 23, 2013 at 5:09 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    I love my access cab. When i had the double cab i hated reacing so far for the back window, and the little baby bed.

i have always wanted to try a DCLB but i probably never will because my AC is perfect for me lol.

5. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    AEmedic

AEmedic Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boise, ID
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCLB 4X4 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD Supercharger, Toytec Adj. Coil-Overs, Bilstein 5100's, JL Audio system w/Kenwood DNX9980HD HU
    I seriously considered the Tundra, but I just don't need something that big for my urban household needs!

Products Discussed in

To Top