1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Regular Cab 4x4 popularity

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brickisred, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Nov 3, 2009 at 7:00 PM
    tandurq

tandurq Member

Member:
    Fort Collins
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD OffRoad
    I had to put a $500 deposit down on my double cab. The dealership told me if I didn't like it when it arrived my deposit would be refunded to me.

Also I got about $2200 knocked off my 4x4 Double Cab MSRP by using my Costco membership. I didn't have to haggle at all about the price.

2. Nov 3, 2009 at 10:37 PM
    dave831

dave831 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seaside CA
    Vehicle:
    10 reg cab 4x4
    3" spacer lift in the front aal in rear, PRS dash gauge mod, cool air intake, headache rack, tool box, center console, black badges and relocated, Avid Off Road armor,BHLM, Collar matched Satoshi grill, rear diff breather mod, stop the seat belt beeping mod
    i traded in my 06 access cab 2wd for a 2010 reg cab 4x4...they gave me 12,500 fro my truck up 1,000 from what they 1st said. And i got the new truck for 20,000 out the door. And i was happy with that!:d

3. Nov 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM
    dave831

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seaside CA
    Vehicle:
    10 reg cab 4x4
    3" spacer lift in the front aal in rear, PRS dash gauge mod, cool air intake, headache rack, tool box, center console, black badges and relocated, Avid Off Road armor,BHLM, Collar matched Satoshi grill, rear diff breather mod, stop the seat belt beeping mod
    i thought that 2...but then i started looking for a reg cab 4x4 and found 6 in norcal for sale 3 new and 3 used with the price right around the same.......kkb says my truck is 2o,900...i got it for 20 out the door!

4. Nov 3, 2009 at 10:41 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges

Dude you are totally getting ripped off on the cruise control price. The parts cost $130 and if you are mechanically inclined you can do it yourself in like 15 minutes. There is a MOD on here for it. Just dont like seeing people getting taken.

Dang I didnt read the whole thing, someone already told you about the Cruise control mod... Dont get interval wipers either it is a rip off, the part costs like $100 and takes 5 minutes to install

5. Nov 4, 2009 at 3:29 AM
    YodaMedic

YodaMedic Well-Known Member

Member:
    Travis AFB, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Regular Cab SR5 4x4
    I bought my 2009 Regular Cab 4x4 in Northern California April of last year, they orgionally wanted $22,000 out of the door, after 6 hours of not so friendly negotiating, I walked out with the truck at $17,500 after taxes and whatnot. I denied all of the extra crap they wanted to sell me like truck cleaning and prep work, prepaid maintence, floor mats, etc. You can get that stuff way cheaper on the outside of the dealership. First time buyer and I got an interest rate of 5.2%, they wanted 8.5% at first :eek:

On a sidenote, I had driven automatics my entire life and when I bought that truck I didn't know how to drive stick....I taught myself on the drive home...I stalled a few times lol.

6. Nov 4, 2009 at 5:13 AM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 Guest

Not sure why anyone would pay 20K for a reg cab when for 3K more you can get an access cab?

same thought with a low mile used truck, why pay 19K for a used truck when you can get a NEW one for 23-24K

you are talking about 50-70 more in payments a month for a new one compared to a used one!

7. Nov 4, 2009 at 5:44 AM
    brickisred

brickisred [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    (still) Looking for Tacoma Prerunner 2wd
    Now that's what I like to hear. :thumbsup: Good job! I think that you are probably the exception to the rule, however. I don't see them giving up that much on a 2010 until the end of the year, and by then it will probably be gone.

I'm like BlackSand, I just can't bring myself to pay $20k for a manual 4 cyl. truck with a bench seat, even if it is 4wd. And the dealers have used trucks priced pretty much like new. I'm sure there's more wiggle room there, but if I can get a big fat rebate on a new one, I'd prefer it. A little while back, I got a couple of quotes (on a reg. cab and access cab) that were 2-3k off msrp with end of year incentives, but then cash for clunkers came along and kinda screwed that all up.

I'll go look at the truck when it gets here, because I haven't driven a 4cyl. manual w/bench seat yet. But will probably wait it out a little while longer. Can work on building up more of a down payment, anyway.

Thanks for all the responses guys, very helpful:cheers:

8. Nov 4, 2009 at 5:47 AM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    You need to remember that if you are financing the interest rate will be higher so that will eat into the savings.

There does not appear to be any special offers on the Tacoma this month. I would talk to the dealer as there may be an offer out there. On my 09 purchase the offer was $750 off or 1.9% financing. I took the financing.

9. Nov 4, 2009 at 7:08 PM
    Hootbro

Hootbro Omnipotent

Member:
    Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR/SX Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 3.5L
    There can be many reasons. For me, I just did not want or need a access cab. For others, that $3K can be a deal breaker and not in their budget. There was a time in my young life that $50-$70 went to better things than a larger vehicle payment.

Not everybody is rolling in the $$$ and have price points and budgets to hold to.

10. Nov 4, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    at 23000 for an access cab you could pay 3000 more and get a DC ... or wait 3000 more you would be in a tundra..... always something 3k more dont chase a carrot being dangled in front of you. Buy what you want /need, price em then decide.

BTW it was $1500 more for an access cab and I still went with the reg cab.... the AC was nice ,dont get me wrong.

11. Feb 27, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    litlcrickett

litlcrickett Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Sanford, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 Reg Cab 4x4
    Seems like I did ok then. I got my 2010 Reg Cab 4x4, A/C, Sliding Rear Window, 5 spd for 19000 out the door. Every dealer I went to didnt have one on the lot. When I asked about availability most said 3 weeks. Went to my moms down in Myrtle Beach and found a dealer that would get me one in 3 days. Ended up with one on a Wed after asking for it on a Sunday, no deposit. Dont see many around either. Happy with, but want to do some mods here soon.

12. Feb 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    All I know is that these prerunners or 4x4 reg cabs are pretty rare. I luckily found one 4 months ago and jumped on it. 06 for 12k it had 47k miles. I have never seen anyone else driving one in my area. definately look into buying used screw the instant depreciation when the front tires hit the street. I used to sell used cars and its better to buy at the end of the month. They want to hit the unit quotas so they get their bonus. Sounds like your truck is coming in the beginning of the month and its also a 2010 which they are in no hurry to move. If you have your heart set on new go for it no matter what you won't be dissapointed.

13. Feb 27, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    litlcrickett

litlcrickett Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Sanford, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 Reg Cab 4x4
    I agree. Wanted a full size Ext cab but didnt want to spend that much. Where Im from everyone has Toyotas. Was in the marked for a truck and wanted new since I never had one. This truck fit my budget and serves its purpose. Not one regret of buying new and will make the best of it. Heck I will have it paid off in a year or so!

14. Feb 27, 2010 at 9:09 AM
    MocoTaco

MocoTaco Active Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco reg cab 4cyl., AT, 5 lug
    Many people are on tight budgets and sells are going slow for the trucks with the many bells & whistles. More strip down trucks are being bought. At least this is what I would assume, and that's what MY answer is . . .an asumption.

15. Feb 28, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    dave831

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Seaside CA
    Vehicle:
    10 reg cab 4x4
    in oct of 09 i paid $20,100 for my 2010 reg cab 4x4

16. Feb 28, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Why? If you're ready to buy a truck, and you've decided on a Tacoma, and you're happy with the price--go ahead and put down a deposit. Presumably you've already test driven Tacomas and know what you want. It's new, it isn't like you're going to have to see whether it's still running or smells like a wet dog.

17. Feb 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    mattcombs

mattcombs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    hazard kentucky
    Vehicle:
    SR5 tacoma 4wd
    3in revtec lisf westin step bars and westin bull bar and some other odds and ends
    dont worry if they do presale it n u got the dough they get another soon

18. Feb 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    I tried that when I was shopping--I didn't really think buying a 2-3 year old truck, out or almost out of the 36k warranty, was a good deal when I would only save about $2k. Add to that the fact that a used vehicle loan is typically several percent higher than a new vehicle loan...the used truck was just not a good deal.

19. Mar 1, 2010 at 3:10 AM
    Reaper22

Reaper22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmyra Missouri
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Tacoma
    Radient Red, Red Grille, Debadge'd, Blacken'd Headlights, DTRL's, Cruise Control, Fog Lights, 2 1\2" suspension lift, 285\75\16 Nitto Dune Grapplers, Pioneer Premier DEH-P510UB stereo, Pioneer 3 way fronts with factory tweeters & Kenwood tweeters, Kenwood truck boxes behide seats with 8" subs in each, Wet suit like tacoma seat covers
    I agree to that unless you can get it from a privet seller at a very good price and not a dealer where you take it in the azz..

20. Mar 1, 2010 at 3:59 AM
    burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I paid $18k OTD for my '06 4x4. Sticker price was $20,500. Thinking about selling it but I need to find and purchase another truck first.

Products Discussed in

To Top