1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Regular Maintenance

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toyotatacomaTRD, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Sep 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD [OP] Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 DC TRD Off Road
    11 Color Matched Grille, Pro comp 7089s, 265/70/17 Wrangler Duratracs, Black Running Boards, Tinted Windows, Bed mat, Weathertech Floorliners
    I used the search feature and didn't see my specific question, sorry if this has been asked before (be gentle, I am new):).

I have an 05 4x4 DC TRD with 48,000 miles, do I need to change the coolant because it has been 5 years? Next to the coolant, it says 100k miles, but I think I read somewhere 5 years is the max.

Also, my current driving situation has me putting about 5,000 miles a year on the truck. Is there anything else I should replace? Spark Plugs? The manual says 30k, not sure if the previous owner did it or not? I purchased the truck w/36k (3 years ago) so I am not sure if any of the other fluids have been changed either.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

2. Sep 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    The tacoman

The tacoman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD
    Welcome to TW. I would guess more than likely the previous owner did not change the spark plugs or fluids. I would definately change the spark plugs. It never hurts to go ahead and do everything just so you know when and that it was done. There are pretty good writeups on this site with pictures etc. that make it easy to do most of the maintenance yourself.

3. Sep 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM
    DocBrown86

DocBrown86 Yota Doc

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego (Spring Valley)
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    toytec coil spacers, tokicko struts/dubcab springs, energy suspension rack bushings, bilstien hd shocks, K&N FIPK2, Flowmaster 50DF, ScanGuage2, 5000k HID's, horn mod, other stuff that I forgot to list
    You most likely dont need to change the coolant yet. What i'd do is test it with a coolant tester (easily found at your local auto parts store).

Wont hurt to change it though. Just make sure you have the right coolant.

As for the spark plugs, Id change them for the hell of it. They are cheap, and its easy to do.

I'd also change the front/rear gear oil.

To Top