1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

release bearing? throwout?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blastoff, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Jan 29, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    blastoff

blastoff [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD SR5 6SP 6CYL ACCESS
    Check out the video. It seems more chattery than squeaky. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkczyddkAKQ Can anyone confirm the sound?

I have a powertrain warranty with the car dealer where I purchased the truck. Problem is... they're a dodge dealer. Any ideas if I'm better off bringing it to another shop? Or maybe just buying the parts and having the Dodge dealer do the work?

This seems awfully pricey, but if it fixes it for a while, I would be ok with it.

http://pdmusa1.com/tsk1subarubaja2003-200625non-turboreplacessubarupart30502aa051bca614159-5-1-1-1.aspx

2. Jan 29, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    Kurdain

Kurdain Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    I am at work so I can't view the video, but the clutch is NOT part of the power train, at least that is what I was told.

However there are TSB's out about squeaking clutch pedal and squeaking throw-out bearing. In fact I just had my bearing fixed and it IS covered under T-SB-0365-10 and it states that this particular issue is covered under the power train warranty.

Does the squeak go away when you rest your foot on the clutch or even press it down slightly?

I'd go to a Toyota dealer, they will be far more familiar with TSB's than elsewhere. Check the stipulations on your warranty with your current dealer in case there is some cause that prevents you from doing so.

Products Discussed in

To Top