1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reload Question

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by longbow, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Nov 5, 2008 at 11:17 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    What is the difference between the 308 win and the 308 marlin?
    I picked up a barrel for my Encore in 308 marlin, and will most likely reload for it. I know Hornady came out with some ammo for one of Marlins guns.
    Just would like to know if the set up is the same or what changes are made.

2. Nov 5, 2008 at 11:39 AM
    SLOTaco

SLOTaco Ultimate Member

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    '06 TRD Sport 4x4 AC, K&N drop in air filter, Magnaflow cat back, Bilstein 5100's with Toytec adjustable front coil over 3" lift, rear TSB, AllPro UCA's.
    The .308 Marlin Express is a new cartridge developed by Marlin Firearms and Hornady. It is based on the .308 Winchester with a goal to duplicate .308 Winchester performance. The cartridge uses a slightly shorter, rimmed case to function in lever action rifles. As introduced in Hornady's LEVERevolution line of cartridges, it is the highest velocity production cartridge designed for lever action rifles with tubular magazines.
    thanks to wikipedia

3. Nov 5, 2008 at 11:42 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    quess I will need to get the spec's on it to see what is going on, I did not know the case was a little shorter.
    Grap I already load 308....back to the drawing board I guess.
    Thanks....

4. Nov 5, 2008 at 8:15 PM
    05DoubleTaco

05DoubleTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2005 Lifted DoubleCab
    3" Toytec Lift, 285/75/16 Cooper STT, Moto Metal 951 Wheels, Magnaflow Exhaust, K&N Intake, URD MAF & Tune, Full Stereo w/ Marv Custom Box
    Yep, case is shorter because it was produced to feed through the Marlin 336 Lever Actions.
    Not quite the accuracy as the .308 winchester.

Still, an amazing breakthrough for Lever Action guns.

On a side note, Hornady Lever Revolution Ammo is amazing stuff. Not that I would use my .35remington for 200yard accuracy shots, but it's good to know you can now. I still use that gun for brush hunting and wooded areas only, but that ammo made the gun much more accurate. :D

5. Nov 5, 2008 at 8:18 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

wow. that was very succinct man.

6. Nov 6, 2008 at 12:37 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I have used that round in my Marlin 30/30 and am very pleased with it, better than the old stuff.
    I will need to get the reloading books out and do some research, and also test fire a few rounds to find the case length.
    Knew I should of looked at the box better.

Products Discussed in

To Top