1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Relocated Snorkle

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by ItalynStylion, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan 24, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    and how does the doo doo pipe running along side the frame and into the interior look better than a safari snorkel :confused:

also the whole point of a snorkel wether you plan to use it or not is to protect the engine from ingesting water. so then why make all those connections and places for water to intrude this system just to not have a traditional snorkel.

i thought i had seen everything but, this shit takes the cake. guy's that take some pvc and route it to make a snorkel is one thing when its done in the traditional style. but, this seems plain retarded to me i literally do not see the point if a snorkel is made and offered for your model of vehicle.

2. Jan 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    lol that is the dumbest fucking thing i have ever seen! it had me saying wtf the whole time i watched it.

3. Jan 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    Blueberry

Blueberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Newton, KS
    Vehicle:
    T/X Pro named Blueberry by my daughter
    Custom Roofrack, Satoshi, Ammo-can in bed, Hi-lift, 2 HID Hella 700's, 4 Automatcentral 7" Offroad Lamps, 2 Hella Work/Bed Lamps, "Derp'd" Radio and Shifter Console, Anytime Fog-light mod, Anytime Rearview Camera mod, DTRL mod, Awesome TW sticker mod.
    I love that! Much better looking than the ARB snorkel.

4. Jan 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    I want!

5. Jan 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    I like the appearance of that one.

6. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    After 4 pages I think I see what you're looking for is the function of a snorkle, without the deducted style points for the looks. Have you considered something removable? Would take some body work somewhere, but you could cut a hole somewhere, hood, fendor, somesuch, then put a "gate" on it and hook the snorkle up when you need it. Would definitely still be noticable, but maybe not so much as the Safari snorkles are. Would also take some creative piping, but seeing what you've done on the AV side, probably something you could handle.

What about the snorkle end that Pugga posted on page 1, with a gate in the hood, and some piping that can be switched between the stock system and the snorkle.

Or you could put a hole in the fender, then use some Walmart portholes as the gate? :) Course you'd need to put another set of portholes on the other side to even it out.

Or, get some zoomies, cut the holes in the hood and add an extra hole for the snorkle. Zoomies and a snorkle, what more of a style statement can you make!

Just another idea...

7. Jan 25, 2012 at 6:42 AM
    BradleyScottETC

BradleyScottETC Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)

Member:
    First Name:
    Bradley
    Lake County, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 4.0 AC 4x4
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Products Discussed in

To Top