1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Remote starter wont work. I need help

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by tacomakid89, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Jun 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    tacomakid89

tacomakid89 [OP] Awesome Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black, 4x4, TRD Sport Tacoma
    Hard Wired GPS, Scan Guage II, URD Short Throw Shifter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, LED Mag Lite on seat side,Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Removed Front License Plate, Tint Cover Over Rear License Plate, Removed Secondary Air Filter, 13" Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint Rear, 20% Tint Front, Bed Extender, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Fog Light On Anytime Mod, Dual Halo Projection Headlights, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, King coilovers with remote resi in front, Kings with remote resi in rear, Deaver J66 leaf packs, TC UCAs up front.
    I just got back from a deployment and my remote starter won't work. It will start to crank but then dies. If anybody could help me out here thatd be great. Thanks.

2. Jun 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    Battery maybe:notsure:

3. Jun 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    tacomakid89

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Hard Wired GPS, Scan Guage II, URD Short Throw Shifter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, LED Mag Lite on seat side,Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Removed Front License Plate, Tint Cover Over Rear License Plate, Removed Secondary Air Filter, 13" Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint Rear, 20% Tint Front, Bed Extender, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Fog Light On Anytime Mod, Dual Halo Projection Headlights, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, King coilovers with remote resi in front, Kings with remote resi in rear, Deaver J66 leaf packs, TC UCAs up front.
  4. Jun 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    moneyblind

moneyblind Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    '17 Cement Pro
    More than likely your bypass module, ensure that your bypass module is programmed and working correctly. What model do you have installed?

5. Jun 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    tacomakid89

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    How would I check the bypass module. I believe I have the 5704 model.

6. Jun 3, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    If you try to start manually, will it start quickly? Sometimes it will time out before starting the engine and you need to set a longer crank time.

7. Jun 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    tacomakid89

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Ya it seems to start quickly when I manually start it. How do I set it for a longer crank time. I think that if I was able to do that then it would work.

8. Jun 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    sorry boss, thats where I fail. all systems are different and I am no pro. I do know it is possible and done for older, harder to start cars. I know a guy that does all that stuff for me.

9. Jun 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    on my viper alarm, there are settings to adjust the "crank time" meaning how long it actually "holds" the crank down to start...when i had my alarm installed it did that alot so i took it in and they adjusted it from 2 seconds to 4-5 seconds now i cranks everytime

10. Jun 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    tacomakid89

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Do you know how I could adjust the crank time by myself.

11. Jun 3, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    not sure exactly...it may say on the manual of the alarm itself...the guys at the shop i go to used a special device to access the setting in the alarm :notsure:

12. Jun 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    tacomakid89

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    I have the 5901

13. Jun 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    Jerez

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    Estock
    Same here with the 5902 color LCD and phone module but idk if you can manually do it yourself

14. Jun 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Google?

15. Jun 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM
    jeratbp

jeratbp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Norfolk, VA
    Vehicle:
    '05 4Runner Sport V8
    With my AutoMate, I took it to a local shop and all they did was reset the power cable to fix the issue - ie. unplug it and plug it back in. For whatever reason / somehow the cable got loose enough to not engage correctly.

It cost me $30 to have fixed, so I didn't mind so much.

16. Jun 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    CrutchfieldDarren

CrutchfieldDarren Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Do you get a blinking security/ immobilizer light when it fails to start? If so you are having issues with the bypass and not the crank time.

Do you know if they ran a tach wire on this install?

And did you have to give them a spare key? That will help determine the type of bypass you have in there.

Let me know, should be able to get this figured out for sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top