1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removed my visor stickers...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Veccster, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Mar 15, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 TRDsport
    5100's all around - fronts at 1.75", 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2, HID headlights and fog lights, factory skid plate, ss exhaust tip, tube steps, Access roll-up tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, 6 D-rings, seat MagLite, LED dome, fumoto oil drain, DTRL, fog light anytime, Kenwood/Clarion speakers, Pop-N-Lock 5300, LED bed lights and a few other things...
    I hate those bright yellow and white stickers on the visors so I removed them. The 2009 visors are very easy to remove. It has 2 screws on the outer plate.

First spray it with Goo Gone:

[​IMG]

Apply heat with heat gun:

[​IMG]

And peel:

[​IMG]

Tools:

[​IMG]

If done correctly it peels right off. Only heat the side you are peeling. Stop every 1/4 and re-apply the heat.

Caution...do not overheat!!! You will melt the sticker onto the fabric and have a hell of a time picking it off. I did this on a 2"x1" section and it took some time with my fingernail and more heat.

I am not entirely satisfied with the result because there is still a noticeable shadow left on the fabric. I believe its from the glue. I also tried Goof Off to get some of the adhesive off.

Regardless, I am much more satisfied to not look at the stickers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mar 15, 2009 at 3:35 PM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks.I covered mine with other decals, but would rather have nada.

3. Mar 15, 2009 at 3:45 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    It will get less noticeable over time. I did mine about 6 months ago, and they're better now, but still somewhat noticeable.

4. Mar 15, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 TRDsport
    5100's all around - fronts at 1.75", 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2, HID headlights and fog lights, factory skid plate, ss exhaust tip, tube steps, Access roll-up tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, 6 D-rings, seat MagLite, LED dome, fumoto oil drain, DTRL, fog light anytime, Kenwood/Clarion speakers, Pop-N-Lock 5300, LED bed lights and a few other things...
    I used a nylon scrub brush under water to get the goo gone out of the fabric. They were still wet in the pictures above but look better now.

I know it will fade out and not be as noticeable.

To Top