1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removel of back door panels

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by toyotagal2002, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Feb 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    toyotagal2002

toyotagal2002 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Estacada, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    02 toyota tacoma SR5 4x4
    I'm needing some help in removing my back door panels to replace speakers. I'm able to get the bottom loose, but it seems like there is something bolted down behind the door handle. Is there something that I'm missing to be able to remove the panel? Please help!! :confused:

2. Feb 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    REDSEAWATACO57

REDSEAWATACO57 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chanh
    seattle,wa
    Vehicle:
    01 Toyota Tacoma Dbl cab TRD
    3" Tuff Country lift, 16x8 Ultra 164 wheels with 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's,Chrome Grille guard,6K HID everywhere,Kobalt tool box, magnaflow exhaust,K&N intake,Custom sub box with two 8" Kicker,Indash DVD and Gps,MOd'd dash guage to blue led's
    did you figure this out yet? You have to remove the handle that is near the pocket on the door which you use to pull the door closed, it is clipped in. there is two philips screw behind it. remove the philips screw in the door handle(the one that opens door) and push and slide it to the left and it should pop off. then just unclip door panel by pulling up.

To Top