1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing Map Lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DheadTaco, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Apr 21, 2011 at 1:48 AM
    DheadTaco

DheadTaco [OP] Pill it till you kill it!

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Impulse Red Pearl
    -Color Matched Grill & Toyota emblem -Headlights from WOTM -Tinted Fogs with Lamin-x (Tint) -Tinted taillights with Lamin-x (Tint) -6K HIDs in headlights and fogs -20% tint all around -Plasti-dipped badges -Plasti-dipped back bumper -Mud flap mod -'10 running-boards -LEDs all around -AFE drop-in
    Hey guys, I searched on here but didnt find anything real concrete. How do I remove my map light covers so I can put in my new LED bulbs. Just dont wanna break the plastic.
    Thanks

2. Apr 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    DheadTaco

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    -Color Matched Grill & Toyota emblem -Headlights from WOTM -Tinted Fogs with Lamin-x (Tint) -Tinted taillights with Lamin-x (Tint) -6K HIDs in headlights and fogs -20% tint all around -Plasti-dipped badges -Plasti-dipped back bumper -Mud flap mod -'10 running-boards -LEDs all around -AFE drop-in
    Thanks man! Exactly what I needed.

3. Apr 21, 2011 at 11:27 PM
    DheadTaco

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Apr 28, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    DheadTaco

Member:
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    Ordered my dome light, map lights, license plate lights, and reverse from superbrightleds.com. Shipped fast and received fast. I installed all of my light without any problems except for my reverse lights.
    The fitment of the bulb from superbrightleds.com is not snug and secure like the stock one. It just barely fits in the grove and come out with very little vibration. So I just left my stock one in.
    Other than that everything is real bright. Got the Cool Blue

To Top