1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing Smallest Leaf in Pack 2 Fix Taco Lean?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by iDRiVaTRD, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jul 14, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    iDRiVaTRD

iDRiVaTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    Been a few weeks since I've been on here, Anyways I am running Bud Built Skids everywhere and in doing so the infamous taco lean is worse since there is like another 50-60 lbs on the driver side due to the gas tank skid.

I recently installed the IVD Remote Reservoir Extended Coilovers and on the driver side I have had to crank them up about 3/4-1" more then the passenger side just to make the truck sit level up front.

In the rear I am running All Pro 3" Leafs which consist of 10 leaves and an axle wrap leaf. To help alleviate the taco lean and allow me to uncompress my driver side front coil a little, should I (a.) just add a small 1/2 block to the driver side rear leaf spring or (b.) just remove the smallest leaf or two from the passenger side leaf pack? Option (b.) would be the easiest and cheapest solution and I am sure would alter the spring rate a little but would it alter it enough that I would notice?

Thanks in Advance,
    Nathan

2. Jul 14, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    brandob9

brandob9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Long Bed
    Soundproofed cab, beeps purged, bed lights, extra bed tie-downs and TSB springs.
    I'd scan through the FJ Cruiser forums as well. It's more of a "'Yota lean" than a "Taco lean" because the transfer case, driver, fuel tank and battery are all on the same side of the truck.

3. Jul 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    i'm installing a 1/2" block on my drivers side rear to fix the same w/ my AP 3" leafs

To Top