1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing the bed by yourself

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Mick mccarty, May 12, 2021.

1. May 29, 2021 at 2:01 PM
    Mick mccarty

Mick mccarty [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Silver Tacoma TRD
    lol
    Hey man, don't be sleeping on them harbor freight tools! Honestly if you do fall asleep they will probably catch your house on fire- but jokes aside there are some good finds there; like the 3 ton jack

2. May 29, 2021 at 2:09 PM
    Mick mccarty

Mick mccarty [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Silver Tacoma TRD
    lol
    I mean honestly I was driving around with a bent bumper for a few months because it wasn't messing with anything. The main reason why I decided to get it fixed was because I needed to tow a trailer for my near move. Also because it looked like a high schooler took it to the mud bottoms and only knew how to drive on a paved road....don't ask me how I know that:D
    Unfortunately, the tow receiver is bent and it wont go back on so I am taking it back to the shop and getting it priced or going with an aftermarket class 3 because they are only like 150$.

3. May 29, 2021 at 2:58 PM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    I’d just replace the hitch, it’s a different kettle of fish from the truck frame. If you were uncomfortable with the $1500 then you might have said $1500 instead of $5000 in order to get the call you thought was missing. In the end though it’s good to see it fixed.

Products Discussed in

To Top