1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Removing the molding underneath the climate controls

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by #Reistlehr-, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Aug 10, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    #Reistlehr-

#Reistlehr- [OP] AngryTacoma

Member:
    Parsippany, NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Double Cab Long Bed SR5
    Hey guys,

does anyone have any pointers into removing the piece underneath the climate controls? I want to get the the auxillary jacks soi i can finish installing my PA15.. (Which i must say, very disappointed with and thinking about returning).. i would rather ride around a few days to see if i can handle the crappiness. Perhaps i need the PA20 for the 09 and 2G iPod Touch, but all signs so far point to PA15..

2. Aug 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    dont you already have the aux input on your 09?

3. Aug 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    What's wrong with the PA15?

4. Aug 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Use a soft utensil like a plastic putty knife or a cloth wrapped flat had screwdriver. Mine popped right out.

I'd be interested to hear what problems you are having with the adapter too...

5. Aug 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Clazzio Seat Covers Extang Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover TRD Skid Plate AMP Research Electric Steps 43% Llumar Security tint TRD Exhaust Fox 2.0 coilovers and rear shocks 16" TRD Fake Beadlocks Custom LED Cube mounts in foglight location TRD Pro Grill Wheelers progressive aal
    I'm guessing low volume issues due to the crappy 09 radios.

6. Aug 10, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    rutherk1

rutherk1 ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver TRD 4door
    The PXAMG is the only way to go. I have one for sale. Great unit. Used it until I put in my NAV unit. Control the IPOD completely from the head unit. Genre, album, artist, playlist.

7. Aug 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    #Reistlehr-

Member:
    Parsippany, NJ
    Vehicle:
    yeah.. so the PA15 sucks. i plug it in.. theres like a 1 minute delay from plugging in the iPod until i get sound out of the stereo, it randomly assigns it a disc number when plugging the iPod in; resulting in either all songs, a random playlist or direct mode. When i select direct mode, the iPod starts at a random song, even if i am in the middle of listening to antoher song; CD Text dont work (Dont really care)

The Volume is decent.. its as loud as a CD. the Aux port though, was soo quiet and sounded like crap, so i wanted to get something that integrated better.

i got the head unit out, and all hooked everything out, and now im driving around with the climate controls dangling cause i cant figure out how to get to the aux port switches (next to the cigarette lighter).. i tried pulling and prying but no dice with the fraulein..

8. Aug 10, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That's odd about your adaptor. Did you check to see if the correct cable for the generation of iPod you have came with yours?? I know they had an "updated" cable for the newer gen of iPods.

I had trouble with my first one not powering the iPod in my wifes car...and it turned out to be the cable was broken internally...so I had to exchange it. I had to read the directions a couple of times to get the play list stuff down...but it sounds like you are having more issues then that.

Best of luck finding something that'll work.

9. Aug 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Yes, he does but you can't control the ipod with the AUX input. In fact the AUX input is old technology and worthless. All new cars should come with USB connections.

OP, why do you need to get to the AUX input? Also, is there a way to do a firmware update on the TOY-15? I know the PXAMG recommends you do a firmware update before installing.

10. Aug 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM
    #Reistlehr-

Member:
    Parsippany, NJ
    Vehicle:
    I've warped CD's by leaving them in the CD player, and my iPod is just a wealth of music more.. So i read around and heard about the PA15-TOY, and got it, but turns out to be not so nice. I'm gona see if i can return it. You can't update it or anythin.

How is the PXAMG? hows the sound and the functionality?

11. Aug 11, 2009 at 6:10 AM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport
    Clazzio Seat Covers Extang Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover TRD Skid Plate AMP Research Electric Steps 43% Llumar Security tint TRD Exhaust Fox 2.0 coilovers and rear shocks 16" TRD Fake Beadlocks Custom LED Cube mounts in foglight location TRD Pro Grill Wheelers progressive aal
To Top